Status
Not open for further replies.

computernewbie

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
Whenever i boot up, after my Asus logo, it reads

"Adapter #1

No Hard Disk Detected!"

I dont know why i keep getting this message, my HD is read by the computer, but i DO have some missing HD space, around 300GB, (which is why im dban'ing it....), anyone know the fix?

Solution
It is the marvell ide controller. You obviously have no ide hard drive, so if the message annoys you add a ide hard drive or disable the controller in the bios. It has nothing to do with you missing 300GB of space, if you did a upgrade and have a windows old folder thats probably where the space went.

daship

Distinguished
It is the marvell ide controller. You obviously have no ide hard drive, so if the message annoys you add a ide hard drive or disable the controller in the bios. It has nothing to do with you missing 300GB of space, if you did a upgrade and have a windows old folder thats probably where the space went.

Solution

computernewbie

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2009
Thank you, actually the HD that i have. i set to IDE, i dont know if you can do that, (Its a SATA drive), but since its only one HD i thought your supposed to set it to IDE. Btw, what is AHCI mode? I've seen it somewhere in my BIOS, next to SATA and IDE mode, dunno what it stands for

AHCI = Advanced Host Controller Interface. It enables certain advanced functions for the SATA bus such as hot-plugging and native command queuing.

Hot Plugging describes changing or adding components which interact with the operating system, with the system still running, while Native Command Queuing is a feature which attempts to reduce drive head activity (therefore also decreasing hard drive wear, and increasing performance) by allowing bits on the hard drive platters to be retrieved out of the sequential order in which they were requested.

Status
Not open for further replies.