Problem with IrDA in XP with SP2

Last response: in Wireless Networking
May 3, 2005 11:00:10 AM

Similar problem I saw many times, but till now without right solution.
So again problem description:
- Notebook Compaq Evo N800v with IrDA port
- IR enabled in BIOS
- The newest SP2 & hotfixes, all files are available and they are in right
directories, the newest BIOS and all SoftPacks from Compaq
- Without third-party software for IrDA, communication or firewall
- Services for IrDA are working, EventLog is "clean"
- Standard modem over IR works (mobile phone with IR),
modem diagnostic shows right responses, but in TaskBar
there's no icon for IR connection

But another IR device near laptop and…
- svchost won’t start IrMon.dll
- In Contol Panel link for Wireless Link is missing
- irprops.cpl / irftp.exe won’t start – without error/warning, nothing happens
- In TaskBar there is no icon for IR connection
- Connection with second laptop via IR doesn’t work
- Printing via IR doesn’t work (but printer is recognized, WXP installing
drivers but as a result comes error). IR is NOT on the list of available
ports
for printers.

Seriel port over IR seems to work, because of modem over IR
but standard IR applications - no.
More - I tried to install ircomm2k - setup won't start with error -
"You have no IrDA interface".

Has someone solved this problem?

Regards,
Tomasz

More about : problem irda sp2

Anonymous
July 4, 2005 2:16:09 PM

I had problems connection to another PC via irda. The compaq site had some
information on this. I had to change a value of Irda device (via
configuration/systems/hardware/device manager/irda tab advanced): infrared
tranciever A: set to siemens IRMS/T6400. After this it worked fine. Hope this
helps... Best, Henkjan.

!