aircolling vs water cooling

Hi,

I'm wondering if it would be possible to see some "comparison" of air and
water cooling in efficiency and noice terms ?
Any web site have eve do that for some materials ?

I would like to build a new system and I can't figure what would produce
less noice, recent big air cooling system with MB auto speed regulation or
"silent" water systems. Of course, I would like also an efficient system...

thanks,
GB
2 answers Last reply
More about aircolling water cooling

    Depants on the system, water cooled should have no noice at all. I'm also
    running a custum made sold block and have a bucket full of water and pump.

    I find it sort of inconvenient when I have to move it.

    "g. bon" <g.bon[no_spam]@tiscali.fr> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm wondering if it would be possible to see some "comparison" of air and
    > water cooling in efficiency and noice terms ?
    > Any web site have eve do that for some materials ?
    >
    > I would like to build a new system and I can't figure what would produce
    > less noice, recent big air cooling system with MB auto speed regulation or
    > "silent" water systems. Of course, I would like also an efficient
    > system...
    >
    > thanks,
    > GB

    I am running a Thermaltake Big Water with both Processor and VGA being
    watercooled.
    I use a backup water take & a flow meeter from Thermaltake also. The setup
    saved me almost 25c celcius during the hotest days of the summer.
    and as for the noise, there are none. No fan = no noise the only noise is
    the fan in the Hard Disk drawer which is now the only audible element.

    Here is my system specs:

    OCZ 450w Modstream power supply
    AMD Opteron 244 (Watercooled)
    ASUS SK8V mobo
    2 gig DDR
    Albatron GE-Force FX 5700 Ultra (Watercooled)
    200 Gig HD

    This rigg screams performance, and lookes absolutely awsome due mostly to
    the watercooling system from thermaltake (UV reactive).
    Keep in mind you need a case large enough to handle the larger readiator,
    water pump, flow meeter toguether with a fluid tank. (the more fluid
    capacity the better the cooling).

    I hope this helps..

    All the best!

    Guy
    --

    "mark" <mark909090@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > Depants on the system, water cooled should have no noice at all. I'm also
    > running a custum made sold block and have a bucket full of water and pump.
    >
    > I find it sort of inconvenient when I have to move it.
    >
    > "g. bon" <g.bon[no_spam]@tiscali.fr> wrote in message
    >> Hi,
    >>
    >> I'm wondering if it would be possible to see some "comparison" of air and
    >> water cooling in efficiency and noice terms ?
    >> Any web site have eve do that for some materials ?
    >>
    >> I would like to build a new system and I can't figure what would produce
    >> less noice, recent big air cooling system with MB auto speed regulation
    >> or "silent" water systems. Of course, I would like also an efficient
    >> system...
    >>
    >> thanks,
    >> GB

AMD Overclocking Water Cooling Hardware