Mobile XP in Desktop

Not really overclocking, more correct clocking & probably asked before...

I want to run an XP Mobile 4 1900+ in a desktop, PCCHIPS MoBo, that does
not support voltage or multiplier adjustments. Part no is AXMH1900FLQ3C,
12x multiplier, 1.5v, 266FSB. In the desktop is runs at 6x and 1.6v.

I'm not to bothered about the 1.6v, this is the different mobile voltage
setting though it would
be nice to have it right. Is there any (easy?) way of getting back to 12x?
CPUMSR will set it
but this needs to be done manually on each startup. Is there any software
than can be called
automatically on startup though I'd prefer a hardware approach?

I'm happy to wield the conductive paint but cutting links looks more
difficult as they appear to be
buried (the brown carrier material).

Thanks

Chris K
4 answers Last reply
More about mobile desktop

    Besides the wire-in-the-socket thing

    http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

    There is CrystalCPUID

    http://crystalmark.info/?lang=en

    You set the "multiplier management settings", then launch it with a shortcut
    in programs/startup:

    "C:\Program Files\CrystalCPUID\CrystalCPUID.exe" /CQ /HIDE"

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at
    spam@uce.gov
    Thanks, robots.

    CJK wrote:
    > Not really overclocking, more correct clocking & probably asked before...
    >
    > I want to run an XP Mobile 4 1900+ in a desktop, PCCHIPS MoBo, that does
    > not support voltage or multiplier adjustments. Part no is AXMH1900FLQ3C,
    > 12x multiplier, 1.5v, 266FSB. In the desktop is runs at 6x and 1.6v.
    >
    > I'm not to bothered about the 1.6v, this is the different mobile voltage
    > setting though it would
    > be nice to have it right. Is there any (easy?) way of getting back to 12x?
    > CPUMSR will set it
    > but this needs to be done manually on each startup. Is there any software
    > than can be called
    > automatically on startup though I'd prefer a hardware approach?
    >
    > I'm happy to wield the conductive paint but cutting links looks more
    > difficult as they appear to be
    > buried (the brown carrier material).
    >
    > Thanks
    >
    > Chris K

    What version of CPUMSR are you using? Starting 0.86, you can automated
    the process by using a config file.

    "No e-mail" <noemail@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
    > CJK wrote:
    > > Not really overclocking, more correct clocking & probably asked
    before...

    > > I want to run an XP Mobile 4 1900+ in a desktop, PCCHIPS MoBo, that does
    > > not support voltage or multiplier adjustments. Part no is
    AXMH1900FLQ3C,
    > > 12x multiplier, 1.5v, 266FSB. In the desktop is runs at 6x and 1.6v.
    > >
    > > I'm not to bothered about the 1.6v, this is the different mobile voltage
    > > setting though it would
    > > be nice to have it right. Is there any (easy?) way of getting back to
    12x?
    > > CPUMSR will set it
    > > but this needs to be done manually on each startup. Is there any
    software
    > > than can be called
    > > automatically on startup though I'd prefer a hardware approach?
    > >
    > > I'm happy to wield the conductive paint but cutting links looks more
    > > difficult as they appear to be
    > > buried (the brown carrier material).
    > >
    > > Thanks
    > >
    > > Chris K
    > >

    > What version of CPUMSR are you using? Starting 0.86, you can automated
    > the process by using a config file.

    I was using 0.90. I'll take a closer look, there is a save settings but I
    couldn't spot the function to reinstate them from a startup shortcut.

    Tks

    CK

    "Ed Light" <nobody@nobody.there> wrote in message
    > Besides the wire-in-the-socket thing
    >
    > http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html
    >
    > There is CrystalCPUID
    >
    > http://crystalmark.info/?lang=en
    >
    > You set the "multiplier management settings", then launch it with a
    shortcut
    > in programs/startup:
    >
    > "C:\Program Files\CrystalCPUID\CrystalCPUID.exe" /CQ /HIDE"
    >

    > --
    > Ed Light
    >
    > Smiley :-/
    > MS Smiley :-\
    >
    > Send spam to the FTC at
    > spam@uce.gov
    > Thanks, robots.

    Thanks, that looks like a suitable tool.

    CK

AMD Mobile Overclocking Desktops Windows XP