Mobile XP in Desktop

Not really overclocking, more correct clocking & probably asked before...

I want to run an XP Mobile 4 1900+ in a desktop, PCCHIPS MoBo, that does
not support voltage or multiplier adjustments. Part no is AXMH1900FLQ3C,
12x multiplier, 1.5v, 266FSB. In the desktop is runs at 6x and 1.6v.

I'm not to bothered about the 1.6v, this is the different mobile voltage
setting though it would
be nice to have it right. Is there any (easy?) way of getting back to 12x?
CPUMSR will set it
but this needs to be done manually on each startup. Is there any software
than can be called
automatically on startup though I'd prefer a hardware approach?

I'm happy to wield the conductive paint but cutting links looks more
difficult as they appear to be
buried (the brown carrier material).

Thanks

Chris K

CJK wrote:
> Not really overclocking, more correct clocking & probably asked before...
>
> I want to run an XP Mobile 4 1900+ in a desktop, PCCHIPS MoBo, that does
> not support voltage or multiplier adjustments. Part no is AXMH1900FLQ3C,
> 12x multiplier, 1.5v, 266FSB. In the desktop is runs at 6x and 1.6v.
>
> I'm not to bothered about the 1.6v, this is the different mobile voltage
> setting though it would
> be nice to have it right. Is there any (easy?) way of getting back to 12x?
> CPUMSR will set it
> but this needs to be done manually on each startup. Is there any software
> than can be called
> automatically on startup though I'd prefer a hardware approach?
>
> I'm happy to wield the conductive paint but cutting links looks more
> difficult as they appear to be
> buried (the brown carrier material).
>
> Thanks
>
> Chris K

What version of CPUMSR are you using? Starting 0.86, you can automated
the process by using a config file.

"No e-mail" <noemail@invalid.invalid> wrote in message
> CJK wrote:
> > Not really overclocking, more correct clocking & probably asked
before...

> > I want to run an XP Mobile 4 1900+ in a desktop, PCCHIPS MoBo, that does
> > not support voltage or multiplier adjustments. Part no is
AXMH1900FLQ3C,
> > 12x multiplier, 1.5v, 266FSB. In the desktop is runs at 6x and 1.6v.
> >
> > I'm not to bothered about the 1.6v, this is the different mobile voltage
> > setting though it would
> > be nice to have it right. Is there any (easy?) way of getting back to
12x?
> > CPUMSR will set it
> > but this needs to be done manually on each startup. Is there any
software
> > than can be called
> > automatically on startup though I'd prefer a hardware approach?
> >
> > I'm happy to wield the conductive paint but cutting links looks more
> > difficult as they appear to be
> > buried (the brown carrier material).
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > Chris K
> >

> What version of CPUMSR are you using? Starting 0.86, you can automated
> the process by using a config file.

I was using 0.90. I'll take a closer look, there is a save settings but I
couldn't spot the function to reinstate them from a startup shortcut.

Tks

CK

"Ed Light" <nobody@nobody.there> wrote in message
> Besides the wire-in-the-socket thing
>
> http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html
>
> There is CrystalCPUID
>
> http://crystalmark.info/?lang=en
>
> You set the "multiplier management settings", then launch it with a
shortcut
> in programs/startup:
>
> "C:\Program Files\CrystalCPUID\CrystalCPUID.exe" /CQ /HIDE"
>

> --
> Ed Light
>
> Smiley :-/
> MS Smiley :-\
>
> Send spam to the FTC at
> spam@uce.gov
> Thanks, robots.

Thanks, that looks like a suitable tool.

CK