Athlon XP3200+ at 333Mhz?

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

Hi All, I was just looking to purchase an XP3200+ and found that one
place has both a 333Mhz and a 400Mhz FSB processor available. I thought
that they only came in the 400Mhz flavor. Does anybody know anything
about this supposed 333Mhz version? TIA

Steve
7 answers Last reply
More about athlon xp3200 333mhz
  1. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:16:18 -0500, Steve Kovack Sr. wrote:

    > Hi All, I was just looking to purchase an XP3200+ and found that one
    > place has both a 333Mhz and a 400Mhz FSB processor available. I thought
    > that they only came in the 400Mhz flavor. Does anybody know anything
    > about this supposed 333Mhz version? TIA
    >
    I keep seeing people mentioning this, but I've never seen one. The
    original runs at 11x200, so it would have to run at 14x166 to quallify as
    a 3200+ XP and that just doesn't sound right. Perhaps it's a socket A
    Sempron 3200+ which would probably be clocked between 12-13x166.

    --
    KT133 MB, CPU @2400MHz (24x100): SIS755 MB CPU @2330MHz (10x233)
    Need good help? Provide all system info with question.
    My server http://wesnewell.no-ip.com/cpu.php
    Verizon server http://mysite.verizon.net/res0exft/cpu.htm
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    In article <pan.2005.07.14.21.58.23.534448@TAKEOUTverizon.net>,
    w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net says...
    > On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:16:18 -0500, Steve Kovack Sr. wrote:
    >
    > > Hi All, I was just looking to purchase an XP3200+ and found that one
    > > place has both a 333Mhz and a 400Mhz FSB processor available. I thought
    > > that they only came in the 400Mhz flavor. Does anybody know anything
    > > about this supposed 333Mhz version? TIA
    > >
    > I keep seeing people mentioning this, but I've never seen one. The
    > original runs at 11x200, so it would have to run at 14x166 to quallify as
    > a 3200+ XP and that just doesn't sound right. Perhaps it's a socket A
    > Sempron 3200+ which would probably be clocked between 12-13x166.
    >
    >
    Yeah, I called them and they said they were out of the 333Mhz version, I
    think they just never had this animal...That and they didn't want to
    admit the error.

    Thanks to all,
    Steve
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    Steve Kovack Sr. wrote:
    > In article <pan.2005.07.14.21.58.23.534448@TAKEOUTverizon.net>,
    > w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net says...
    >
    >>On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:16:18 -0500, Steve Kovack Sr. wrote:
    >>
    >>
    >>>Hi All, I was just looking to purchase an XP3200+ and found that one
    >>>place has both a 333Mhz and a 400Mhz FSB processor available. I thought
    >>>that they only came in the 400Mhz flavor. Does anybody know anything
    >>>about this supposed 333Mhz version? TIA
    >>>
    >>
    >>I keep seeing people mentioning this, but I've never seen one. The
    >>original runs at 11x200, so it would have to run at 14x166 to quallify as
    >>a 3200+ XP and that just doesn't sound right. Perhaps it's a socket A
    >>Sempron 3200+ which would probably be clocked between 12-13x166.
    >>
    >>
    >
    > Yeah, I called them and they said they were out of the 333Mhz version, I
    > think they just never had this animal...That and they didn't want to
    > admit the error.
    >
    > Thanks to all,
    > Steve

    I love my 3200+ Athlon (400Mhz!!!). Until I go 64-bit, I at least have
    the fastest 32-bit produced. And it *is* fast, there's life in my 32-bit
    PC for a while yet.


    ---
    avast! Antivirus: Outbound message clean.
    Virus Database (VPS): 0528-4, 14/07/2005
    Tested on: 15/07/2005 04:28:48
    avast! - copyright (c) 1988-2005 ALWIL Software.
    http://www.avast.com
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    > I love my 3200+ Athlon (400Mhz!!!). Until I go 64-bit, I at least have
    > the fastest 32-bit produced. And it *is* fast, there's life in my 32-bit
    > PC for a while yet.
    >

    And I love my 2500+ Mobile running @ 2.3Ghz and 400MhzFSB. =o)
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    Steve Kovack Sr. wrote:

    " I thought that they only came in the 400Mhz flavor. Does anybody
    know anything about this supposed 333Mhz version? "


    It was available to HP as an OEM part. After a very short time it was
    pulled.
  6. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    "Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message
    news:dbgnud$78s$1@news.freedom2surf.net...
    > Steve Kovack Sr. wrote:
    >
    > " I thought that they only came in the 400Mhz flavor. Does anybody
    > know anything about this supposed 333Mhz version? "
    >
    >
    > It was available to HP as an OEM part. After a very short time it was
    > pulled.
    >

    Aria (www.aria.co.uk) are apparently selling these.
    I asked them about them and they said their technical people said they were 333MHz.

    eric

    --
    Remove the dross to contact me directly
  7. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd (More info?)

    Eric Parker wrote:

    " Aria (www.aria.co.uk) are apparently selling these. I asked them
    about them and they said their technical people said they were 333MHz. "


    After AMD announced that the Athlon XP was being discontinued, the
    retail stocks soon dried up. It would appear now that AMD have dug much
    of their old stock out from the warehouses, as the retail channels are
    now flooded with certain models again.

    You'll find that the 333FSB 3200+ has the fastest clock of any Athlon XP
    at 2333MHz, but how they benchmark against the 2200MHz 400FSB 3200+ I
    really don't know. http://tinyurl.com/3p4uo
Ask a new question

Read More

AMD Overclocking