Athlon XP3200+ at 333Mhz?

Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
July 14, 2005 7:16:18 PM

Hi All, I was just looking to purchase an XP3200+ and found that one
place has both a 333Mhz and a 400Mhz FSB processor available. I thought
that they only came in the 400Mhz flavor. Does anybody know anything
about this supposed 333Mhz version? TIA

Steve

More about : athlon xp3200 333mhz

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 15, 2005 1:54:27 AM

On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:16:18 -0500, Steve Kovack Sr. wrote:

> Hi All, I was just looking to purchase an XP3200+ and found that one
> place has both a 333Mhz and a 400Mhz FSB processor available. I thought
> that they only came in the 400Mhz flavor. Does anybody know anything
> about this supposed 333Mhz version? TIA

I keep seeing people mentioning this, but I've never seen one. The
original runs at 11x200, so it would have to run at 14x166 to quallify as
a 3200+ XP and that just doesn't sound right. Perhaps it's a socket A
Sempron 3200+ which would probably be clocked between 12-13x166.

a b K Overclocking
July 15, 2005 1:54:28 AM

In article <pan.2005.07.14.21.58.23.534448@TAKEOUTverizon.net>,
w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net says...
> On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:16:18 -0500, Steve Kovack Sr. wrote:
>
> > Hi All, I was just looking to purchase an XP3200+ and found that one
> > place has both a 333Mhz and a 400Mhz FSB processor available. I thought
> > that they only came in the 400Mhz flavor. Does anybody know anything
> > about this supposed 333Mhz version? TIA
> >
> I keep seeing people mentioning this, but I've never seen one. The
> original runs at 11x200, so it would have to run at 14x166 to quallify as
> a 3200+ XP and that just doesn't sound right. Perhaps it's a socket A
> Sempron 3200+ which would probably be clocked between 12-13x166.

Yeah, I called them and they said they were out of the 333Mhz version, I
think they just never had this animal...That and they didn't want to
admit the error.

Thanks to all,
Steve
Related resources
July 15, 2005 8:28:47 AM

Steve Kovack Sr. wrote:
> In article <pan.2005.07.14.21.58.23.534448@TAKEOUTverizon.net>,
> w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net says...
>
>>On Thu, 14 Jul 2005 15:16:18 -0500, Steve Kovack Sr. wrote:
>>

>>>Hi All, I was just looking to purchase an XP3200+ and found that one
>>>place has both a 333Mhz and a 400Mhz FSB processor available. I thought
>>>that they only came in the 400Mhz flavor. Does anybody know anything
>>>about this supposed 333Mhz version? TIA
>>>

>>I keep seeing people mentioning this, but I've never seen one. The
>>original runs at 11x200, so it would have to run at 14x166 to quallify as
>>a 3200+ XP and that just doesn't sound right. Perhaps it's a socket A
>>Sempron 3200+ which would probably be clocked between 12-13x166.
>>

> Yeah, I called them and they said they were out of the 333Mhz version, I
> think they just never had this animal...That and they didn't want to
> admit the error.
>
> Thanks to all,
> Steve

I love my 3200+ Athlon (400Mhz!!!). Until I go 64-bit, I at least have
the fastest 32-bit produced. And it *is* fast, there's life in my 32-bit
PC for a while yet.

---
Virus Database (VPS): 0528-4, 14/07/2005
Tested on: 15/07/2005 04:28:48
a b K Overclocking
July 15, 2005 8:28:48 AM

> I love my 3200+ Athlon (400Mhz!!!). Until I go 64-bit, I at least have
> the fastest 32-bit produced. And it *is* fast, there's life in my 32-bit
> PC for a while yet.

And I love my 2500+ Mobile running @ 2.3Ghz and 400MhzFSB. =o)
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 18, 2005 10:12:44 PM

Steve Kovack Sr. wrote:

" I thought that they only came in the 400Mhz flavor. Does anybody
know anything about this supposed 333Mhz version? "

It was available to HP as an OEM part. After a very short time it was
pulled.
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 18, 2005 10:50:20 PM

"Cuzman" <cuzNOSPAM@supanet.com> wrote in message
news:D bgnud$78s$1@news.freedom2surf.net...
> Steve Kovack Sr. wrote:
>
> " I thought that they only came in the 400Mhz flavor. Does anybody
> know anything about this supposed 333Mhz version? "
>

> It was available to HP as an OEM part. After a very short time it was
> pulled.

Aria (www.aria.co.uk) are apparently selling these.
I asked them about them and they said their technical people said they were 333MHz.

eric

--
Remove the dross to contact me directly
Anonymous

Eric Parker wrote:

" Aria (www.aria.co.uk) are apparently selling these. I asked them
about them and they said their technical people said they were 333MHz. "

After AMD announced that the Athlon XP was being discontinued, the
retail stocks soon dried up. It would appear now that AMD have dug much
of their old stock out from the warehouses, as the retail channels are
now flooded with certain models again.

You'll find that the 333FSB 3200+ has the fastest clock of any Athlon XP
at 2333MHz, but how they benchmark against the 2200MHz 400FSB 3200+ I
really don't know. http://tinyurl.com/3p4uo
!