Amd XP 3000 venice. Mobo and Ram Recomendations needed.

Amd XP 3000 venice. Mobo and Ram Recomendations needed.

Iam putting together a media PC and would like to use the Venice XP
3000 cpu. From what i read it canbe overclocked ALOT. 2.5ghz or more.
But 2.5 would be find for my system. need a fast CPu for my HD movies
and videos.

But what mobo to use for it. It needs top be a decent mobo with USB
2.0 firewire, SATA onboard audio ect. I want an Abit board as i like
Abit.

I was thinking this board: ABIT AN8 (nForce4 PCI-E DDR400 S939) seems
to have everything i want. But can it be overclocked so my Venice gets
to 2.5 ghz ??

RAM but what kind pc 3200,3500,3700 or other even.

Thanks for any help. If you have put a system together with a Venice
let us know.

Thanks.
1 answer Last reply
More about 3000 venice mobo recomendations needed

    you can't beat dfi for motherboards and g.skill tccd memory for
    overclocking. just Google it.

    "Son Of Sheep." <sheep.com.au> wrote in message

    > Amd XP 3000 venice. Mobo and Ram Recomendations needed.
    >

    > Iam putting together a media PC and would like to use the Venice XP
    > 3000 cpu. From what i read it canbe overclocked ALOT. 2.5ghz or more.
    > But 2.5 would be find for my system. need a fast CPu for my HD movies
    > and videos.
    >
    > But what mobo to use for it. It needs top be a decent mobo with USB
    > 2.0 firewire, SATA onboard audio ect. I want an Abit board as i like
    > Abit.
    >
    > I was thinking this board: ABIT AN8 (nForce4 PCI-E DDR400 S939) seems
    > to have everything i want. But can it be overclocked so my Venice gets
    > to 2.5 ghz ??
    >

    > RAM but what kind pc 3200,3500,3700 or other even.
    >
    > Thanks for any help. If you have put a system together with a Venice
    > let us know.
    >
    > Thanks.

AMD RAM Windows XP Overclocking