Amd XP 3000 venice. Mobo and Ram Recomendations needed.

Amd XP 3000 venice. Mobo and Ram Recomendations needed.

Iam putting together a media PC and would like to use the Venice XP
3000 cpu. From what i read it canbe overclocked ALOT. 2.5ghz or more.
But 2.5 would be find for my system. need a fast CPu for my HD movies
and videos.

But what mobo to use for it. It needs top be a decent mobo with USB
2.0 firewire, SATA onboard audio ect. I want an Abit board as i like
Abit.

I was thinking this board: ABIT AN8 (nForce4 PCI-E DDR400 S939) seems
to have everything i want. But can it be overclocked so my Venice gets
to 2.5 ghz ??

RAM but what kind pc 3200,3500,3700 or other even.

Thanks for any help. If you have put a system together with a Venice
let us know.

Thanks.

you can't beat dfi for motherboards and g.skill tccd memory for
overclocking. just Google it.

"Son Of Sheep." <sheep.com.au> wrote in message

> Amd XP 3000 venice. Mobo and Ram Recomendations needed.
>

> Iam putting together a media PC and would like to use the Venice XP
> 3000 cpu. From what i read it canbe overclocked ALOT. 2.5ghz or more.
> But 2.5 would be find for my system. need a fast CPu for my HD movies
> and videos.
>
> But what mobo to use for it. It needs top be a decent mobo with USB
> 2.0 firewire, SATA onboard audio ect. I want an Abit board as i like
> Abit.
>
> I was thinking this board: ABIT AN8 (nForce4 PCI-E DDR400 S939) seems
> to have everything i want. But can it be overclocked so my Venice gets
> to 2.5 ghz ??
>

> RAM but what kind pc 3200,3500,3700 or other even.
>
> Thanks for any help. If you have put a system together with a Venice
> let us know.
>
> Thanks.

TRENDING THREADS