is it possible to disable music but not sounds?

is it possible to turn off music but not sounds, in a mame game?

--
skype: pole806963
tiscali netphone: 178 272 4065

    Sune Salminen's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
    body were:
    > Marco wrote:
    >> is it possible to turn off music but not sounds, in a mame game?
    > Press the key below escape and use the arrow keys to navigate the OSD.
    > Here you can set the volume independently for the sound channels in the
    > emulated soundchip(s).
    > Depending on the configuration of the emulated sound hardware, what you
    > want may or may not be possible.
    > If you want to record sounds from a game, you can also try the games
    > test mode, usually accessible from the dip switch menu (press TAB). Many
    > games have a test mode where you can play back all the game sounds
    > independently using the game controls.
    > To make it a little less complicated you can run MAME in a window and
    > press alt+tab to release control of the mouse. Don't forget to switch
    > off all other sound sources (CD audio, microphone, line input and so on)
    > to eliminate extraneous noise in your recording.

    Jeez Sune, make me seem like an unintelligable ass. I totally forgot about
    that and how it works (I was thinking about controlling it after the
    channels are merged for sound output to speakers).

    I need to start getting more sleep...

    Marco's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
    were:
    > is it possible to turn off music but not sounds, in a mame game?

    If the game has volume controls within it that allows for adjusting music
    volume (some of the newer games have that. I know most of the '90s midway
    games do), but MAME itself does not. MAME only emulates the machines as
    they would properly, to have a centralized volume control in MAME for
    music only would be more of a hack and take away from proper emulation.
    Control of all volume would be easy to do since it'd tweak the volume
    output from the game, however that's not the same thing. MAME runs the
    arcade game only, so look to see if the games you want have a
    configuration area (usually is like f2 to switch to it if there is one)

    In a parallel universe, Anti-Marco said exactly the opposite of:

    > is it possible to turn off music but not sounds, in a mame game?

    No, since that wasn't possible in the original arcades.

    As a rule of thumb: Anything that wasn't possible in the original arcade
    isn't possible in MAME.

    Except of course saving and loading gamestates, changing the display,
    using display effects, etc... :-)

    *-) K.os
    --
    "He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
    sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage

    Hellmark's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
    were:
    > Marco's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
    > were:
    >> is it possible to turn off music but not sounds, in a mame game?
    > If the game has volume controls within it that allows for adjusting music
    > volume (some of the newer games have that. I know most of the '90s midway
    > games do), but MAME itself does not. MAME only emulates the machines as
    > they would properly, to have a centralized volume control in MAME for
    > music only would be more of a hack and take away from proper emulation.
    > Control of all volume would be easy to do since it'd tweak the volume
    > output from the game, however that's not the same thing. MAME runs the
    > arcade game only, so look to see if the games you want have a
    > configuration area (usually is like f2 to switch to it if there is one)

    Ignore this, I was talking out of my ass.

    In a parallel universe, Anti-K.os said exactly the opposite of:

    [snip]

    Yaargh!!

    So today on 'Sune makes K.os look like an Ass', we are interviewing none
    other than the one and only Sue Salmon, the famous Sune Salminen
    impersonator...

    *-) K.os
    --
    "He imagined for a moment his itinerary connecting up all the dots in the
    sky like a child's numbered dots puzzle. He hoped that from some vantage
    point in the Universe it might be seen to spell a very, very rude word" -
    D. N. Adams

    K.os's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his body
    were:
    > In a parallel universe, Anti-K.os said exactly the opposite of:
    > [snip]
    > Yaargh!!
    > So today on 'Sune makes K.os look like an Ass', we are interviewing none
    > other than the one and only Sue Salmon, the famous Sune Salminen
    > impersonator...

    You aint the only one! Sune must love making us look like asses!

    Sune Salminen's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through his
    body were:
    > Hellmark wrote:
    >> Sune Salminen's last words before the Sword of Azrial plunged through
    >> his body were:
    > [snipped explanation of how to do this]
    >> Jeez Sune, make me seem like an unintelligable ass.
    > LOL
    > If it helps, your post hadn't arrived here yet when I wrote that.
    > :-)

    Immediately after I posted mine, I regrabbed headers, and yours was there.

    "Sune Salminen" <salminen@monkeydoktor.dk> ha scritto nel messaggio
    > Marco wrote:
    >> is it possible to turn off music but not sounds, in a mame game?
    >
    > Press the key below escape and use the arrow keys to navigate the OSD.
    > Here you can set the volume independently for the sound channels in the
    > emulated soundchip(s).

    ok. very good. but can I memorize these settings? it seems no.

Music Games Skype Video Games