HP5550 slows to a crawl!

Last response: in Computer Peripherals
Share
August 3, 2004 5:57:56 AM

I have a hp5550 connected via usb to my XP machine. Say i'm printing
a few pages of simple text in draft mode; the printer zooms through
the 1st half page. But just recently it started slowing right down.
Halfway through the 1st page the printer is taking 3 seconds per
sweep. Its slower than high quality mode. A page or 2 further on it
will speed up for half a page, then slow down again.

Ive tried all the different quality modes - same behaviour. Ink carts
are nearly full and the output quality is fine. Any ideas why it
slows down?

More about : hp5550 slows crawl

Anonymous
August 3, 2004 10:12:22 PM

Are you using the parallel port? This is prone to CPU hogging, USB is much
better.

"Josh" <josh3010@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I have a hp5550 connected via usb to my XP machine. Say i'm printing
> a few pages of simple text in draft mode; the printer zooms through
> the 1st half page. But just recently it started slowing right down.
> Halfway through the 1st page the printer is taking 3 seconds per
> sweep. Its slower than high quality mode. A page or 2 further on it
> will speed up for half a page, then slow down again.
>
> Ive tried all the different quality modes - same behaviour. Ink carts
> are nearly full and the output quality is fine. Any ideas why it
> slows down?
Anonymous
August 3, 2004 10:35:16 PM

Steve B wrote in message
> Are you using the parallel port? This is prone to CPU hogging, USB
is much
> better.

> Josh wrote in message
> > I have a hp5550 connected via usb to my XP machine.
^^^^

--
Hazel.

Grandchildren - God's reward for not killing your own.
Anonymous
August 4, 2004 10:34:31 PM

Whoops.

!