HP4150 Overheat - Battery Charging

July 29, 2004 5:59:10 PM

Hi all thise with HP4150's

Has anyone had any problems recharging and having the notification bubble
appear saying charging has been suspended and will resume again when battery
temprature drops ?

Thanks in advance

Andrew Kennard
Anonymous
July 29, 2004 5:59:11 PM

You might want to check whether or not the battery is properly
seated in your iPAQ. bad or dirty connections with the prongs
on the battery can cause a lot of heat when charging/discharging.
If this is not the case you might even have a bad battery pack
or a bad charger. does the heat only appear to come from one
specific spot on the battery? If so it is likely that there is
one bad (in other words dead) cell inside the battery pack.
And in case you are using any other than the HP charger that
came with your device.. check the voltage and current it provides
to see if this is not over the limits.

~S.

--
======================
ACE!!! a.k.a. ~S.

"Andrew Kennard" <a.kennard@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> Hi all thise with HP4150's
>
> Has anyone had any problems recharging and having the notification bubble
> appear saying charging has been suspended and will resume again when
battery
> temprature drops ?

That only happens to mine when it is in the car cradle in full sunlight -
and then it does get hot. Is your cradle anywhere near the sun?
July 29, 2004 8:50:06 PM

Same here. Saw that once when we were on a trip and left the 4155 in the
holder in the car and went in to get some lunch. Came out and had the
situation you describe. A few minutes with the AC on and it went away. You
in a hot place?

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
"AK" <false@xxx.com> wrote in message

> "Andrew Kennard" <a.kennard@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> > Hi all thise with HP4150's
> >
> > Has anyone had any problems recharging and having the notification
bubble
> > appear saying charging has been suspended and will resume again when
> battery
> > temprature drops ?
>
> That only happens to mine when it is in the car cradle in full sunlight -
> and then it does get hot. Is your cradle anywhere near the sun?

Anonymous
July 30, 2004 1:15:55 PM

UK ! .... not known for scorching tempratures ! ;)  I think the holder is the
signficant thing as it seem to 'hold' the heat and therefore it can't get
away. I don't use mine in a car but it is in a cradle that covers the back
of the device

"Sven, MVP-Mobile Devices" <sejohannsen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Same here. Saw that once when we were on a trip and left the 4155 in the
> holder in the car and went in to get some lunch. Came out and had the
> situation you describe. A few minutes with the AC on and it went away.
You
> in a hot place?
>
> --
> Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
> "AK" <false@xxx.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Andrew Kennard" <a.kennard@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> > > Hi all thise with HP4150's
> > >
> > > Has anyone had any problems recharging and having the notification
> bubble
> > > appear saying charging has been suspended and will resume again when
> > battery
> > > temprature drops ?
> >
> > That only happens to mine when it is in the car cradle in full
sunlight -
> > and then it does get hot. Is your cradle anywhere near the sun?

Anonymous
July 30, 2004 6:11:29 PM

I heard that there is potential for the highest recorded temperatures in the
UK soon, and that a new public information program is ready to be launched
telling people how to avoid the effects, I think it was over 2,000 people
died at the last heat wave.

> UK ! .... not known for scorching tempratures ! ;)  I think the holder is
the
> signficant thing as it seem to 'hold' the heat and therefore it can't get
> away. I don't use mine in a car but it is in a cradle that covers the back
> of the device
>

> "Sven, MVP-Mobile Devices" <sejohannsen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Same here. Saw that once when we were on a trip and left the 4155 in the
> > holder in the car and went in to get some lunch. Came out and had the
> > situation you describe. A few minutes with the AC on and it went away.
> You
> > in a hot place?
> >
> > --
> > Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
> > "AK" <false@xxx.com> wrote in message
> > >
> > > "Andrew Kennard" <a.kennard@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> > bubble
> > > battery
> > >
> > > That only happens to mine when it is in the car cradle in full
> sunlight -
> > > and then it does get hot. Is your cradle anywhere near the sun?

Anonymous
July 30, 2004 7:52:23 PM

You mean it's gona get above 10 degrees C ! ;)

"AlanS" <news@remove.abyz.fslife.co.uk> wrote in message
> I heard that there is potential for the highest recorded temperatures in
the
> UK soon, and that a new public information program is ready to be launched
> telling people how to avoid the effects, I think it was over 2,000 people
> died at the last heat wave.
>

> "Andrew Kennard" <a.kennard@btinternet.com> wrote in message
> > UK ! .... not known for scorching tempratures ! ;)  I think the holder is
> the
> > signficant thing as it seem to 'hold' the heat and therefore it can't
get
> > away. I don't use mine in a car but it is in a cradle that covers the
back
> > of the device
> >

> > "Sven, MVP-Mobile Devices" <sejohannsen@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > > Same here. Saw that once when we were on a trip and left the 4155 in
the
> > > holder in the car and went in to get some lunch. Came out and had the
> > > situation you describe. A few minutes with the AC on and it went
away.
> > You
> > > in a hot place?
> > >
> > > --
> > > Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices
> > > "AK" <false@xxx.com> wrote in message

> > > bubble

> > sunlight -

Anonymous
July 30, 2004 8:59:04 PM

Don't panic, that's just the Sun. You might have read about it in school :)
If you get a chance, take pictures and send them to friends in Seattle.

--
Sven, MS-MVP Mobile Devices

!