Acer, Dell Delay Environmentally-Friendly Materials in PCs

Status
Not open for further replies.

altriss

Honorable
Jun 19, 2012
[citation][nom]JebReynolds[/nom]Apple wins again![/citation]
not clear, when you know how many toxic product are needed to produce aluminium. It' s maybe one of the worst material environmentally speaking...
Am I the only one who would like to know what they are going to use instead of PVC? Because if it's only aluminium or magnesium it would be worst than ever. I know that Sony is starting to use Carbon fiber in the VAIO high end models, but I don't know more.

aqualipt

Honorable
Jun 15, 2012
[citation][nom]altriss[/nom]not clear, when you know how many toxic product are needed to produce aluminium. It' s maybe one of the worst material environmentally speaking...Am I the only one who would like to know what they are going to use instead of PVC? Because if it's only aluminium or magnesium it would be worst than ever. I know that Sony is starting to use Carbon fiber in the VAIO high end models, but I don't know more.[/citation]

its not only toxic products that are needed to produce aluminium, the thing that really causes an impact to the earth when making aluminium is the HUGE amount of electricity requiered, i mean its impresive the lots of energy requiered to make it, google it ;)

A Bad Day

Distinguished
Nov 25, 2011
The mentality of some people: It's not toxic until proven otherwise. If it's toxic, it can't be that bad as long as its cheap and it doesn't kill you right away...

That includes my parents. Yeah, they regularly microwave food in plastic containers that came with specific warning labels that advised users to not microwave the containers.

deksman

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2011
The only reason they don't want to move as quickly as possible to environmentally friendly materials is money.
From a technological/resource point of view, there was no reason to not do this since computers came into commercial production.
Oh, I'm sorry... we live in a monetary system which is not sustainable and cares of nothing else but money/profits.

southernshark

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2009
[citation][nom]A Bad Day[/nom]The mentality of some people: It's not toxic until proven otherwise. If it's toxic, it can't be that bad as long as its cheap and it doesn't kill you right away...That includes my parents. Yeah, they regularly microwave food in plastic containers that came with specific warning labels that advised users to not microwave the containers.[/citation]

Something is going to kill you kid. None of us are getting out of here alive.

sundragon

Distinguished
Aug 4, 2008
Wait, let me get this straight, when Apple does away with toxic stuff and gets a beloved patriot mark people on here state that everyone on the planet is brainwashed and the article is written by fanboys and OMG Steve Jobs was Satan...

Why aren't people enraged with these guys when they obviously don't care enough about the environment?

Oh, wait, double standard...

Please boycott these companies and purchase your hardware elsewhere, then maybe they'll realize the environment does affect their bottom line.

Status
Not open for further replies.