CAS latency?

Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
July 25, 2005 7:13:34 AM

Hi folks!
I am not overclocking anything. I just saw that you are talking about
CAS latency (via Google), and saw that you know things, so maybe you
could help me with a thing I am confused with.
I have FIC AU13 mbo. On it I have two sticks of Xerox 3-4-4-8 (on
200Mhz), 256Mb (on DIMM2 & 3), and on DIMM1 I recently added Kingmax
2.5-3-3-7 (on 200Mhz), 512Mb stick.
For now everything looks fine (I have this only for two days). In BIOS,
memory values are se to "optimal" setting, 3-4-4-8 (set automatically
by BIOS). Problem is that I have one diagnostic program, which says
that overall setting is 2.5-4-4-8. Somebody here mentioned "Cpu-z", so
I installed this, as well. Well, this one also says 2.5-4-4-8. I began
to worry a bit. I don't have floppy (it is true, : )) in my comp, so I
cannot test my memory with those test programs.
Anybody knows whats wrong here? Since my BIOS is set to correct values
for that combination (3-4-4-8).
Thanks
Mario

More about : cas latency

July 25, 2005 3:41:52 PM

There is nothing wrong! The BIOS is detecting the proper settings for your
memory .... and that's the only thing that matters. As to why the programs
you run don't detect the proper RAM settings.... who knows....and who cares.
As long as you're not having any problems with the system, I wouldn't worry
about it.

--
All problems have a simple solution! The more complex the solution, the
more ludicrous the analogy!
<mario.petrinovic1@zg.htnet.hr> wrote in message
> Hi folks!
> I am not overclocking anything. I just saw that you are talking about
> CAS latency (via Google), and saw that you know things, so maybe you
> could help me with a thing I am confused with.
> I have FIC AU13 mbo. On it I have two sticks of Xerox 3-4-4-8 (on
> 200Mhz), 256Mb (on DIMM2 & 3), and on DIMM1 I recently added Kingmax
> 2.5-3-3-7 (on 200Mhz), 512Mb stick.
> For now everything looks fine (I have this only for two days). In BIOS,
> memory values are se to "optimal" setting, 3-4-4-8 (set automatically
> by BIOS). Problem is that I have one diagnostic program, which says
> that overall setting is 2.5-4-4-8. Somebody here mentioned "Cpu-z", so
> I installed this, as well. Well, this one also says 2.5-4-4-8. I began
> to worry a bit. I don't have floppy (it is true, : )) in my comp, so I
> cannot test my memory with those test programs.
> Anybody knows whats wrong here? Since my BIOS is set to correct values
> for that combination (3-4-4-8).
> Thanks
> Mario

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
July 26, 2005 4:27:06 AM

mario.petrinovic1@zg.htnet.hr wrote:
I don't have floppy (it is true, : )) in my comp, so I
> cannot test my memory with those test programs.

If you have a CD burner you can download an ISO on this page:

http://www.memtest.org/#downiso

and boot with the CD-ROM that you create with the ISO file.
!