Recognises the printer but not the scanner

G

Hello,

Just a quickie; i have windows 7 and a dell 1600n multifunctional printer - i can print just fine but i cant scan things up - the printer is connected etc as i can print so no probs there but when i go to scan and use the dell software/ms paint it doesn't recognise the scanner - the scanner subfolder is in the driver folder on the printer installation - what the heck is the problem?! THANKS! ;)

kocislava

Honorable
Oct 10, 2012
I had the same problem so that I got to this topic. But I've finaly managed by trying some options. Dont know if it's the only way but for me it worked so I'll describe it:

-Install your printer with the driver from http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/04/Product/dell-1600n?retrieveState=True (select your OS) as a network printer (with option of scanner selected)

-I dont know if it's necessary but I also went to "scanners and cameras" (I found this option by writing "scan" in start and it was in suggestions) and there I selected dell 1600n and -> properties-> test scanner

-go to start-> devices and printers (or something like this, I dont have eng win) and if selected dell printer you'll have an option for scanning. That's it :)

Hi Robert, you are new here, we are a tech support site, not an advertising site for other tech support services that generally have less experience than maybe 60% of us.