sempron?

lee

Hello so can someone explain to me what the Sempron is? what is the diff
between this and say a Barton XP?

Cheers.

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Barton has 512KB of L2 cache
Sempron has 256KB or L2 cache

Sempron works on fewer motherboards then XP processor. Also, some
motherboards need to flashed with a new BIOS before they will recognize the
Sempron processors.

--
All problems have a simple solution! The more complex the solution, the
more ludicrous the analogy!
"Lee" <leecomp@REMOVETHISblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hello so can someone explain to me what the Sempron is? what is the diff
> between this and say a Barton XP?
>
> Cheers.

wookie

It is the AMD equivalent of a Celeron ...
It is highly Overclockable and is a very good chip, Not quite as good as a
A64 chip, but it is very inexpensive.

On Thu, 28 Jul 2005 23:41:49 +0000, Lee wrote:

> Hello so can someone explain to me what the Sempron is? what is the diff
> between this and say a Barton XP?

See Sempron in link below.

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

How dare you compare AMD sempron processors with Celeron. AMD Sempron is
clearly supperior to Intel Celeron!

"Wookie" <Tom@comcast.net> wrote in message
> It is the AMD equivalent of a Celeron ...
> It is highly Overclockable and is a very good chip, Not quite as good as
> A64 chip, but it is very inexpensive.
> "Lee" <leecomp@REMOVETHISblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Hello so can someone explain to me what the Sempron is? what is the diff
> > between this and say a Barton XP?
> >
> > Cheers.

wookie

Don't get your panties in a bunch ... the Sempron is to X64 like the Celeron
is to the Pentium

I would much rather have a Sempron as you can OC them very nicely. As Wes
pointed out though that maybe your best bang for the buck is a XP 2500
Barton right now .. or one of the other less expensive XP's

I helped my friend set up a machine with a Smepron .. it's nice and
nocompalints .. I have three machines with AMD XP's, another machine has a
Celeron and the other with an A64.

"chris" <chrisNOTSPAM@NOYB.com> wrote in message
> How dare you compare AMD sempron processors with Celeron. AMD Sempron is
> clearly supperior to Intel Celeron!
>

> "Wookie" <Tom@comcast.net> wrote in message
>> It is the AMD equivalent of a Celeron ...
>> It is highly Overclockable and is a very good chip, Not quite as good as
>> A64 chip, but it is very inexpensive.
>> "Lee" <leecomp@REMOVETHISblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>> > Hello so can someone explain to me what the Sempron is? what is the
>> > diff
>> > between this and say a Barton XP?
>> >
>> > Cheers.

augustus

Distinguished
Feb 27, 2003

"chris" <chrisNOTSPAM@NOYB.com> wrote in message
> How dare you compare AMD sempron processors with Celeron. AMD Sempron is
> clearly supperior to Intel Celeron!

Yes it is generally better, but you are apparently unaware that AMD uses the
Celeron the reference in the Sempron performance rating. Sempron 2400+ is
supposed to be equivalent to a Celeron 2.4 (2400Mhz)

http://www.short-media.com/review.php?r=253