Sign-in / Sign-up
Your question

mobile barton 2500-multipliers beyond 14?

Tags:
  • AMD
  • Mobile
  • Overclocking
  • Hardware
Last response: in Overclocking
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
August 2, 2005 8:09:29 PM

Is it possible to access multipliers beyond 14 on a mobile barton 2500?
I'm currently running at the max and getting a mhz of 2.4, and would
like to go higher (without spending more money. hehe) I'm using cpmusr
to set the multipliers

Tom

More about : mobile barton 2500 multipliers

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
August 3, 2005 4:29:02 PM

I know, but my motherboard's highest fsb is 166.

chris wrote:
> I guess you didn't know that the best performance form a processor is not
> achieved by increasing the multiplier but rather decreasing it and
> increasing bus speed!
>
> My mobile 2500 Barton is running at 2300Mhz 11x209Mhz.
>
> --
> All problems have a simple solution! The more complex the solution, the
> more ludicrous the analogy!
>
> <tom24_ca@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> > Is it possible to access multipliers beyond 14 on a mobile barton 2500?
> > I'm currently running at the max and getting a mhz of 2.4, and would
> > like to go higher (without spending more money. hehe) I'm using cpmusr
> > to set the multipliers
> >

> > Tom

August 3, 2005 6:24:24 PM

I guess you didn't know that the best performance form a processor is not
achieved by increasing the multiplier but rather decreasing it and
increasing bus speed!

My mobile 2500 Barton is running at 2300Mhz 11x209Mhz.

--
All problems have a simple solution! The more complex the solution, the
more ludicrous the analogy!

<tom24_ca@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Is it possible to access multipliers beyond 14 on a mobile barton 2500?
> I'm currently running at the max and getting a mhz of 2.4, and would
> like to go higher (without spending more money. hehe) I'm using cpmusr
> to set the multipliers
>

> Tom

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
August 3, 2005 6:27:04 PM

tom24_ca@yahoo.com wrote:
> Is it possible to access multipliers beyond 14 on a mobile barton
> 2500? I'm currently running at the max and getting a mhz of 2.4, and
> would like to go higher (without spending more money. hehe) I'm using
> cpmusr to set the multipliers

Fill or join the cut L5 bridge (2nd or 3rd depending on how you look at it,
but there should only be one that is cut). This will set the maximum
multiplier to 24x. You should check beforehand that your CPU doesn't boot at
14x, otherwise it will boot at 24x after the modification.

Alternatively, do pin painting on the bottom of the chip to set the startup
multiplier or use BIOS/dipswitch settings if available.

--
Michael Brown
Add michael@ to emboss.co.nz ---+--- My inbox is always open