mobile barton 2500-multipliers beyond 14?

Is it possible to access multipliers beyond 14 on a mobile barton 2500?
I'm currently running at the max and getting a mhz of 2.4, and would
like to go higher (without spending more money. hehe) I'm using cpmusr
to set the multipliers

Tom
3 answers Last reply
More about mobile barton 2500 multipliers

    I know, but my motherboard's highest fsb is 166.

    tom24_ca@yahoo.com wrote:
    > Is it possible to access multipliers beyond 14 on a mobile barton
    > 2500? I'm currently running at the max and getting a mhz of 2.4, and
    > would like to go higher (without spending more money. hehe) I'm using
    > cpmusr to set the multipliers

    Fill or join the cut L5 bridge (2nd or 3rd depending on how you look at it,
    but there should only be one that is cut). This will set the maximum
    multiplier to 24x. You should check beforehand that your CPU doesn't boot at
    14x, otherwise it will boot at 24x after the modification.

    Alternatively, do pin painting on the bottom of the chip to set the startup
    multiplier or use BIOS/dipswitch settings if available.

    --
    Michael Brown
    Add michael@ to emboss.co.nz ---+--- My inbox is always open

AMD Mobile Overclocking Hardware