CPU Cooliong Question for 3500+ AMD 64 Socket 939

What is the best form a cooling? Traditional heatsink and fan or liquid
coolling?

Which models are the best?

Thanks

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Mr. Mustang" <mr_mustang01gt@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
> What is the best form a cooling? Traditional heatsink and fan or liquid
> coolling?
>
> Which models are the best?
>
> Thanks

xp90 and a quiet fan beats my corsair water cooling on a simular system..and
here is quieter..

Neil

"Neil" <Neil@rogers.com> wrote in message

> "Mr. Mustang" <mr_mustang01gt@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> What is the best form a cooling? Traditional heatsink and fan or liquid
>> coolling?
>>
>> Which models are the best?
>>
>> Thanks
>

> xp90 and a quiet fan beats my corsair water cooling on a simular
> system..and here is quieter..
>

> Neil

Air cooling beating water cooling? there has to be something messed up on
your water cooling system if that is the case..

XP90? It sounds like a Thermaltake product.

"Midnight" <midnight@midnight.com> wrote in message

> "Neil" <Neil@rogers.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Mr. Mustang" <mr_mustang01gt@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>> What is the best form a cooling? Traditional heatsink and fan or liquid
>>> coolling?
>>>
>>> Which models are the best?
>>>
>>> Thanks
>>

>> xp90 and a quiet fan beats my corsair water cooling on a simular
>> system..and here is quieter..
>>

>> Neil
>>

> Air cooling beating water cooling? there has to be something messed up
> on your water cooling system if that is the case..

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Thermaltake? Definately not! That is a Thermalright product...BIG
difference.

--
All problems have a simple solution! The more complex the solution, the
more ludicrous the analogy!
> XP90? It sounds like a Thermaltake product.
>

> "Midnight" <midnight@midnight.com> wrote in message
> >
> > "Neil" <Neil@rogers.com> wrote in message
> >>
> >> "Mr. Mustang" <mr_mustang01gt@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

> >> xp90 and a quiet fan beats my corsair water cooling on a simular
> >> system..and here is quieter..
> >>

> >> Neil
> >>

> > Air cooling beating water cooling? there has to be something messed up
> > on your water cooling system if that is the case..

Which is better? I have a Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case and I love it.

"chris" <chrisNOTSPAM@NOYB.com> wrote in message
> Thermaltake? Definately not! That is a Thermalright product...BIG
> difference.
>
> --
> All problems have a simple solution! The more complex the solution, the
> more ludicrous the analogy!
> "Mr. Mustang" <mr_mustang01gt@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> XP90? It sounds like a Thermaltake product.
>>

>> "Midnight" <midnight@midnight.com> wrote in message
>> >
>> > "Neil" <Neil@rogers.com> wrote in message

> liquid

>> > Air cooling beating water cooling? there has to be something messed
>> > up
>> > on your water cooling system if that is the case..

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

I don't think you know what an XP90 is...it's a heatsink....not a case!

--

>I don't think you know what an XP90 is...it's a heatsink....not a case!
>
> --
> All problems have a simple solution! The more complex the solution, the
> more ludicrous the analogy!
> "Mr. Mustang" <mr_mustang01gt@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>> Which is better? I have a Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case and I love it.
>>

>> "chris" <chrisNOTSPAM@NOYB.com> wrote in message
>> > Thermaltake? Definately not! That is a Thermalright product...BIG
>> > difference.
>> >
>> > --
>> > All problems have a simple solution! The more complex the solution,
>> > the
>> > more ludicrous the analogy!
>> > "Mr. Mustang" <mr_mustang01gt@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

>> > liquid

Nope, nothing messed on my water cooling is a thermal right xp90 HSF am
talking about and it beat my freinds water cooler setup same as mine by 3
degrees and is quieter with a low speed fan on it than the corsair water
cooling stock...

Mr. M, I run a Kandalf ThermalTake case but here nothing bad about the
Tsunami...

Dont be fooled some of todays highend HSF do great at cooling esp. the A64
that are cooler to start with..I have a home made water cooler that will
beat anysink but is resides under a side desk compared to inside a case like
a HSF does..Dont get me wrong am not knocking water cooling is that it is
just not reguired with these a64 cpu's is all provided you get a decent HS
and fan, am probly better off with the water on my 2 asus 6600 gt's. And use
my monster Coolermaster copper sink I have for the cpu (Hyper 6).

I use a XP120 with a quiet fan and I'm not impressed.

I will be changing to a water cooling system shortly.

Dazzer

> "chris" <chrisNOTSPAM@NOYB.com> wrote in message
>>I don't think you know what an XP90 is...it's a heatsink....not a case!
>>
>> --
>> All problems have a simple solution! The more complex the solution, the
>> more ludicrous the analogy!
>> "Mr. Mustang" <mr_mustang01gt@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
>>> Which is better? I have a Thermaltake Tsunami Dream case and I love it.
>>>

>>> "chris" <chrisNOTSPAM@NOYB.com> wrote in message

> Nope, nothing messed on my water cooling is a thermal right xp90 HSF am
> talking about and it beat my freinds water cooler setup same as mine by 3
> degrees and is quieter with a low speed fan on it than the corsair water
> cooling stock...
>
> Mr. M, I run a Kandalf ThermalTake case but here nothing bad about the
> Tsunami...
>
> Dont be fooled some of todays highend HSF do great at cooling esp. the A64
> that are cooler to start with..I have a home made water cooler that will
> beat anysink but is resides under a side desk compared to inside a case
> like a HSF does..Dont get me wrong am not knocking water cooling is that
> it is just not reguired with these a64 cpu's is all provided you get a
> decent HS and fan, am probly better off with the water on my 2 asus 6600
> gt's. And use my monster Coolermaster copper sink I have for the cpu
> (Hyper 6).

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Am surprised, fisrt time heard anyone complain about this sink, personly
have been using water since I can remember, but freinds with the same setup
as me claim these sinks are great even when compared to the water..at least
with the corsair kit..

Neil

"Dazzer" <dayd01@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I use a XP120 with a quiet fan and I'm not impressed.
>
> I will be changing to a water cooling system shortly.
>
> Dazzer
>
> "Neil" <Neil@rogers.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "chris" <chrisNOTSPAM@NOYB.com> wrote in message
>>>I don't think you know what an XP90 is...it's a heatsink....not a case!
>>>
>>> --
>>> All problems have a simple solution! The more complex the solution, the
>>> more ludicrous the analogy!
>>> "Mr. Mustang" <mr_mustang01gt@sbcglobal.net> wrote in message

>> Nope, nothing messed on my water cooling is a thermal right xp90 HSF am
>> talking about and it beat my freinds water cooler setup same as mine by 3
>> degrees and is quieter with a low speed fan on it than the corsair water
>> cooling stock...
>>
>> Mr. M, I run a Kandalf ThermalTake case but here nothing bad about the
>> Tsunami...
>>
>> Dont be fooled some of todays highend HSF do great at cooling esp. the
>> A64 that are cooler to start with..I have a home made water cooler that
>> will beat anysink but is resides under a side desk compared to inside a
>> case like a HSF does..Dont get me wrong am not knocking water cooling is
>> that it is just not reguired with these a64 cpu's is all provided you get
>> a decent HS and fan, am probly better off with the water on my 2 asus
>> 6600 gt's. And use my monster Coolermaster copper sink I have for the cpu
>> (Hyper 6).

I have a Thermaltake Big water, Water cooling system with VGA Water block +
the Round tank & flow meeter. The estra tank allows more volume and the
flow meeter shows pump activity which proves extremely useful when
overclocking. You can use 3 size tubing basically the bigger the tubing =
more flow = better cooling but looks huggly. Small tubing gage looks verry
cool and works great but slightly less effcient at cooling the units... In
two words, I have several watercooled riggs. The big water is the best
design I have seen, cool looking but also of incredible build quality. I
find most products from Thermaltake to be visually pleasing and powerfull +
reliable. (nope, I dont work for Thermaltake, in case you ask...)

If you want to watercool your video card like I did, you will have to void
your warrantly. You must remove the 3 fans, and install the VGA water
block, also you will have to install some heat sinks on the RAM chips. they
run above 100 celcius after overclock.

Here are my specs

AMD Opteron 244 (64 bit power house)
ASus SK8V (940 pin)
OCZ Modstream power supply
Albatron GE-Force FX 5700 Ultra (Watercooled)
2 Gig DDR
200 Gig SATA
Linux Mandriva Limited Edition 2005 for x86 (64bit) (everything works out
of the base install cd's... a charm.)
Windows XP Pro 64 ( A friggin nightmare if you ask me, no drivers for
anything...)

--
Guy Deschênes

mailto:Guy@hermes-computers.ca

http://www.hermes-computers.ca

Our services include:
- On-location support for desktop operating systems and applications
- Network installation, troubleshooting and auditing
- Server installation, maintenance, service and management
- Web site design, e-mail hosting services
- High-speed DSL and cable Internet access solutions
- Security audits with Firewall setup and Spyware detection & removal
- Anti-Virus protection setup, support and emergency virus cleaning
- Custom-built and brand name computers, components & peripherals
- Repairs to computers & Laser printers

"Solutions to Computer Problems are our Business"