HP 842C Problem

Hi, prints only black, color cartridge is full, at first no yellow, than
only cyan, now no color. cleaned the contacts etc....still nothing.

"awknod" <awknod@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi, prints only black, color cartridge is full, at first no yellow, than
> only cyan, now no color. cleaned the contacts etc....still nothing.

My guess would be a very old cartridge. If this is an original HP cartridge
check the warranty date as shown at:
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/genericDocument?lc=en&cc=us&docname=bua02014
If the cartridge is beyond the warranty period replace it with a fresh
cartridge. When buying cartridges look for the "install by" date on the
package. I would look for at least six months remaining before the install by
date, leaving a year of remaining warranty.

Cartridges do have a shelf life and should not be stored for excessive periods.
If you must store cartridges keep them standing upright in the package, in the
same orientation they would hang on a store display hook for maximum life.

Regards,
MS MVP Printing/Imaging

TRENDING THREADS