Good Inexpensive To Operate Printer

dick

My granddaughter is starting college and needs a good printer that has
low ink cost. I have used HP for years, but I now use a Canon i860
because of the lower ink cost. I am very happy with the Canon. Would
the Canon i560 be a good low-cost printer for her, or are there others
I should consider?

On Tue, 03 Aug 2004 08:17:57 -0700, Dick <LeadWinger> wrote:

>My granddaughter is starting college and needs a good printer that has
>low ink cost. I have used HP for years, but I now use a Canon i860
>because of the lower ink cost. I am very happy with the Canon. Would
>the Canon i560 be a good low-cost printer for her, or are there others
>I should consider?

the 560 850 860 all would be nice printers to use and extremely low
cost, especially if you refill yourself or maybe refill them for her
when you send care packages... average about a 3 dollars or so to
refill all the ink colors with good quality bulk ink. That is great
savings and you are familiar with how long a set lasts also.

Alan

Dick <LeadWinger> wrote in message news:<fvavg0t9pqlein0inqeo98ab5boshirq9p@4ax.com>...
> My granddaughter is starting college and needs a good printer that has
> low ink cost. I have used HP for years, but I now use a Canon i860
> because of the lower ink cost. I am very happy with the Canon. Would
> the Canon i560 be a good low-cost printer for her, or are there others
> I should consider?

If she doesn't need colour, a laser is more economical in cost/page,
and generally faster. Used ones are often a good deal, maybe a smaller
one would be good (anything except the vertical feed ones like 5L, 6L,
1100).