Blizzard Must Refund South Korean Diablo 3 Players

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

What they never tell you : Refund = account cancellation.

After all, a refund implies you no longer want a product due to dissatisfaction.

Good luck.

alterecho

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
Blizzard needs to get bashed left right and center over this always online drm, to drive some sense into their heads. I don't want some one dictating when i can play a game i payed legally.
People will argue that this is a mainly a multiplayer game. Well i like to play the game solo. Not only Blizzard, any company that follows this always online drm should feel it. The drm is the sole reason i didn't try buying Diablo 3.
I miss those cartridges.

Marcus52

Distinguished
Jun 11, 2008
[citation][nom]alterecho[/nom]Blizzard needs to get bashed left right and center over this always online drm, to drive some sense into their heads. I don't want some one dictating when i can play a game i payed legally.People will argue that this is a mainly a multiplayer game. Well i like to play the game solo. Not only Blizzard, any company that follows this always online drm should feel it. The drm is the sole reason i didn't try buying Diablo 3.I miss those cartridges.[/citation]

Anyone who argues a game like this is "multiplayer" isn't paying attention to the fact that the entire dialogue is written for one hero; it is a single player game with a well-supported co-op capability.

There are millions of us that don't mind the game having multiplayer function, but are solo players and don't want to have co-op shoved in our face.

The way I see Diablo 3 is - it's an adequate and fun game to fill some time until Borderlands 2 comes out. :D

sceen311

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2008
But the players playing the game did cause the server overload... so it is there fault. They should'nt have played their game the first day it was released.

wildkitten

Distinguished
May 29, 2008
[citation][nom]sceen311[/nom]But the players playing the game did cause the server overload... so it is there fault. They should'nt have played their game the first day it was released.[/citation]
No it's not their fault, it's Blizzard's. Blizzard should have been more then ready to handle the volume. They never once acted surprised.

Of course if there was no online DRM to protect the RMAH (the game has already been hacked for offline and LAN play and there has already been item duping, so those reasons for online only have been proven false) this wouldn't be an issue for them, at least not to a great extent.

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
is it only me who thinks there are very few sub lvl 40's in Korea, I'm talking about the ones who had the game since the launch, hack you are 30 when you finish the game on normal

biggiebody

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2012
[citation][nom]nigertitis[/nom]What they never tell you : Refund = account cancellation. After all, a refund implies you no longer want a product due to dissatisfaction.Good luck.[/citation]

uhh, that's common sense.. a refund is money you get back by returning an item, so obviously if they are getting a refund they are returning diablo 3 account included. Why would they need to specify that, they are not going to give you a refund and let you continue to play, than that wouldn't be a refund anymore but compensation.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]zeratul600[/nom]Oh god blizz this can be the tiny stone that starts the snowball[/citation]

no, this is a single countries law system that forced them to offer this. most other places its not that ingrained into the law that forces them to provide a refund apposed to they can offer a refund, i hope that makes sense.

kartu

Distinguished
Mar 3, 2009
[citation][nom]unksol[/nom]What?!?! who would think it wouldn't?!?! if you return something you don't get to keep it.... derp[/citation]
Uhm, what if you own other games bound to your account?

olaf

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2011
[citation][nom]kartu[/nom]Uhm, what if you own other games bound to your account?[/citation]

they are just removeing the game from the account, invalidateing the CD-Key if u will.

waxdart

Distinguished
May 11, 2007
Once again DRM proves to be against the paying consumer and removing value.

If company's lost so much money due to piracy (So they charged more), now that DRM has "fixed" that, shouldn't games be so much cheaper? Steam prices costing x2 more than a shop bothers me.

tomfreak

Distinguished
May 18, 2011
If u make a good game people will not bother pirate, A single player only game still sell like hot cakes if a game developer actually put effort in developing it.

Blizzard should take a look on Elder Scroll Skyrim. It is a pure single player game, and it sells very well. And the got my money too.

Status
Not open for further replies.