jg38141

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
KDS tech support rocks. My monitor was screwed up when I got it from onvia.com- not dissing onvia- great company. So I called KDS and they sent me a new monitor immediately free of charge. THen I put the old one in the box of the new one and they came to my house to pick it up again free of charge. The new monitor rocks. KDS customer service is perfect.

ILLEGALISE BULLETS

Lars_Coleman

Distinguished
Feb 9, 2001
Thats nice to know. That is the only brand of Monitor I have bought. Then again I have never had a problem. I have a Avitron that is made by Sony (the Trinitron series) that is an awesome flat screen!

Thanks for the input!!

<font color=green>"Your call will be answered by the next available Tech Support representative"</font color=green>

G

I agree.... KDS tech support is second...well.... to no one I am aware of. I TRIED buying a KDS 21" monitor. Bought it from a local retailer. It had a nasty distortion in the upper left part of the screen. Contacted KDS.. they sent out another. This one was DOA. They sent out another, convergence was off. To make a ong story short, they sent out *EIGHT* monitors to me before I gave up. I ended up buying a ViewSonic P810. I don't diss KDS customer service because of a bad bunch of monitors.... we even had a large laugh about it.... at one time I had 6 boxed up monitors sitting in the floor of my shop waiting to be picked up by UPS. Hell, after Monitor number 3 they even started FedEx 2 day'ing them.

Harlech

dhlucke

Polypheme
Hmmm, that sounds more like distortion or electrical interference. If you have problems like that it's always best to try a new surge protector plugged into another wall socket that is on another breaker. I love KDS monitors, and I'm sure they could have problems occasionally, but eight in a row?

<font color=red>We are going to have peace even if we have to fight for it. - Eisenhower</font color=red>

G

well.... I would agree with the electrical field theory except for 2 things. It was duplicatiable at another location several miles away and the fact that the second monitor was DOA. Doornail dead. Once KDS got the vendor that sold me the monitor to examine the picture quality, I was completely exhonerated. They were seeing the same thing. I guess that one goes in the coloumn "Gee I am glad I didn't order THIS by mail!" I think KDS actaully began to examine the shipping methods of their preferred carrier when it was discovered that one of the boxes came in damp.

I have nothing but glowing things to say about KDS and their customer service. After about #4 I would have sent the white flag up!

Harlech

kal326

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I had a 19" Trini that just one day up and blanked out. Looked kinda cool when it went, fliker a few times then warp from left to right. It was out for the count after that. Boxed it up and took it back to Best Buy for a replacement. My friend has had 17" for almost two years now with out a problem. I am just wondering how good their laptops are.

You can prick your finger, but don't finger your prick! :wink: