thermal compound, ok?

Hello just applied some antec thermal compound to my cpu core and was wonder
is artic silver 5 any better? will it reduce temps anymore?
Used AS5 before I noticed with this antec stuff it was more white than
silver so wondering if as5 would be better?
Thanks.
7 answers Last reply
More about thermal compound

    Arctic Silver comes in both sivler paste and white compound. The silver
    paste is better however, it is ment for testing and not for longterm
    usage...

    --
    "All problems have a simple solution! The more complex the solution, the
    more ludicrous the analogy!"

    "chris" <chrisNOTSPAM@NOYB.com> wrote in message
    > Arctic Silver comes in both sivler paste and white compound. The silver
    > paste is better however, it is ment for testing and not for longterm
    > usage...

    Artic Silver silver paste is meant for testing and not long term use?????
    Please show me where on the website you found this info....
    http://www.arcticsilver.com/

    You would expect AS to tell you not to use a product they are selling?

    Read here http://www.xtremetek.com/info/index.php?id=14

    Its actually AMD that is against using it

    --
    ASUS A8V/Athlon FX-55
    ATI RADEON X800XT PE

    chris wrote:
    > Arctic Silver comes in both sivler paste and white compound. The silver
    > paste is better however, it is ment for testing and not for longterm
    > usage...

    LOL! Overclocking also voids the AMD warranty. Isn't this the
    alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd newsgroup? If we cared what AMD said
    this newsgroup wouldn't exist. I've had a Barton 2500 overclocked to
    2.2GHz for over a year. If I blow out the crud from the HSF once in a
    while I have no problems with temperature. I use AS Ceramique by the way.

    --
    FRH

    On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 21:47:13 +0000, Lee wrote:

    > Hello just applied some antec thermal compound to my cpu core and was wonder
    > is artic silver 5 any better? will it reduce temps anymore?
    > Used AS5 before I noticed with this antec stuff it was more white than
    > silver so wondering if as5 would be better?

    Not enough (if any) to worry about.

    http://www.dansdata.com/goop.htm

    Who knows what the included stuff is but I'd use Arctic Ceramique, first
    reading the instructions on their site. It's the easiest to use because you
    don't have to spread it.

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at
    spam@uce.gov
    Thanks, robots.

    Bring the Troops Home:
    http://bringthemhomenow.org

    Fight Spam:
    http://bluesecurity.com

    "Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 21:47:13 +0000, Lee wrote:
    >
    >> Hello just applied some antec thermal compound to my cpu core and was
    >> wonder
    >> is artic silver 5 any better? will it reduce temps anymore?
    >> Used AS5 before I noticed with this antec stuff it was more white than
    >> silver so wondering if as5 would be better?
    >
    > Not enough (if any) to worry about.
    >
    > http://www.dansdata.com/goop.htm

    Isn't that the test where he didn't break in the Arctic?

    It really makes a difference.

    --
    Ed Light

    Smiley :-/
    MS Smiley :-\

    Send spam to the FTC at
    spam@uce.gov
    Thanks, robots.

    Bring the Troops Home:
    http://bringthemhomenow.org

    Fight Spam:
    http://bluesecurity.com

AMD Antec Thermal Compound Silver Overclocking