thermal compound, ok?

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
August 21, 2005 1:47:13 AM

Hello just applied some antec thermal compound to my cpu core and was wonder
is artic silver 5 any better? will it reduce temps anymore?
Used AS5 before I noticed with this antec stuff it was more white than
silver so wondering if as5 would be better?
Thanks.

More about : thermal compound

August 21, 2005 1:47:14 AM

Arctic Silver comes in both sivler paste and white compound. The silver
paste is better however, it is ment for testing and not for longterm
usage...

--
"All problems have a simple solution! The more complex the solution, the
more ludicrous the analogy!"
"Lee" <leecomp@REMOVETHISblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hello just applied some antec thermal compound to my cpu core and was
wonder
> is artic silver 5 any better? will it reduce temps anymore?
> Used AS5 before I noticed with this antec stuff it was more white than
> silver so wondering if as5 would be better?
> Thanks.
August 21, 2005 3:00:36 AM

"chris" <chrisNOTSPAM@NOYB.com> wrote in message
> Arctic Silver comes in both sivler paste and white compound. The silver
> paste is better however, it is ment for testing and not for longterm
> usage...

Artic Silver silver paste is meant for testing and not long term use?????
Please show me where on the website you found this info....
http://www.arcticsilver.com/
a b K Overclocking
August 21, 2005 3:00:37 AM

You would expect AS to tell you not to use a product they are selling?

Read here http://www.xtremetek.com/info/index.php?id=14

Its actually AMD that is against using it

--
ASUS A8V/Athlon FX-55
ATI RADEON X800XT PE

chris wrote:
> Arctic Silver comes in both sivler paste and white compound. The silver
> paste is better however, it is ment for testing and not for longterm
> usage...

LOL! Overclocking also voids the AMD warranty. Isn't this the
alt.comp.hardware.overclocking.amd newsgroup? If we cared what AMD said
this newsgroup wouldn't exist. I've had a Barton 2500 overclocked to
2.2GHz for over a year. If I blow out the crud from the HSF once in a
while I have no problems with temperature. I use AS Ceramique by the way.

--
FRH
Anonymous

On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 21:47:13 +0000, Lee wrote:

> Hello just applied some antec thermal compound to my cpu core and was wonder
> is artic silver 5 any better? will it reduce temps anymore?
> Used AS5 before I noticed with this antec stuff it was more white than
> silver so wondering if as5 would be better?

Not enough (if any) to worry about.

http://www.dansdata.com/goop.htm

a b K Overclocking
August 21, 2005 5:41:30 PM

Who knows what the included stuff is but I'd use Arctic Ceramique, first
reading the instructions on their site. It's the easiest to use because you
don't have to spread it.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
spam@uce.gov
Thanks, robots.

Bring the Troops Home:
http://bringthemhomenow.org

Fight Spam:
http://bluesecurity.com
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
August 21, 2005 5:42:48 PM

"Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message
news:p an.2005.08.21.07.05.33.211863@TAKEOUTverizon.net...
> On Sat, 20 Aug 2005 21:47:13 +0000, Lee wrote:
>
>> Hello just applied some antec thermal compound to my cpu core and was
>> wonder
>> is artic silver 5 any better? will it reduce temps anymore?
>> Used AS5 before I noticed with this antec stuff it was more white than
>> silver so wondering if as5 would be better?
>
> Not enough (if any) to worry about.
>
> http://www.dansdata.com/goop.htm

Isn't that the test where he didn't break in the Arctic?

It really makes a difference.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/