  • Hardware
  • Windows XP
Last response: in Overclocking
August 22, 2005 12:49:49 AM

Ok I got a 2500+ XP mobile processor unlocked :)  I don't know best way to
start the overclocking road, should i first start lowering multiplier and
working my fsb up? or should i start straight at 200fsb and see if it goes
straight away without any changes?
Some advice on best starting of :)
Thanks.

More about : overclock question

August 22, 2005 12:49:50 AM

I hope you mean that it came that way and you didn't unlock it...because, I
believe they all come that way.

As for overclocking, that depends on your board and RAM. My mobile 2500 is
running @ 2.3Ghz and 209Mhz....however, I had to raise the voltage
considerably.

If you are going to start off with 200Mhz, be sure to drop the multiplier or
seriously increase voltage. Otherwise, your system may not post. Also,
keep a sharp eye on CPU temp as the voltage goes up!

--
"All problems have a simple solution! The more complex the solution, the
more ludicrous the analogy!"
"Lee" <leecomp@REMOVETHISblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:p 1qhg117cebd3k7mg3f2shpkj4q4ong4u5@4ax.com...
> Ok I got a 2500+ XP mobile processor unlocked :)  I don't know best way to
> start the overclocking road, should i first start lowering multiplier and
> working my fsb up? or should i start straight at 200fsb and see if it goes
> straight away without any changes?
> Some advice on best starting of :)
> Thanks.
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
August 22, 2005 12:49:50 AM

This might help, not sure:

http://compreviews.about.com/od/cpus/l/aaAthlonXP2500.h...

Donny Broome
donny AT broomeman DOT com
Kill Spyware! Visit:
http://www.broomeman.com/spyware/

"Lee" <leecomp@REMOVETHISblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
news:p 1qhg117cebd3k7mg3f2shpkj4q4ong4u5@4ax.com...
> Ok I got a 2500+ XP mobile processor unlocked :)  I don't know best way to
> start the overclocking road, should i first start lowering multiplier and
> working my fsb up? or should i start straight at 200fsb and see if it goes
> straight away without any changes?
> Some advice on best starting of :)
> Thanks.
August 22, 2005 2:58:30 PM

my 2500+ AXD isn't unlocked. I can only get 195mhz out of it at default 11

Annoyed as I bought it off of ebay thinking it was a mobile (ad stated it
was) as I was hoping to get 220+ mhz out of system bus.