overclock question

Ok I got a 2500+ XP mobile processor unlocked :) I don't know best way to
start the overclocking road, should i first start lowering multiplier and
working my fsb up? or should i start straight at 200fsb and see if it goes
straight away without any changes?
Some advice on best starting of :)
Thanks.
3 answers Last reply
More about overclock question

    I hope you mean that it came that way and you didn't unlock it...because, I
    believe they all come that way.

    As for overclocking, that depends on your board and RAM. My mobile 2500 is
    running @ 2.3Ghz and 209Mhz....however, I had to raise the voltage
    considerably.

    If you are going to start off with 200Mhz, be sure to drop the multiplier or
    seriously increase voltage. Otherwise, your system may not post. Also,
    keep a sharp eye on CPU temp as the voltage goes up!

    --
    "All problems have a simple solution! The more complex the solution, the
    more ludicrous the analogy!"
    "Lee" <leecomp@REMOVETHISblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Ok I got a 2500+ XP mobile processor unlocked :) I don't know best way to
    > start the overclocking road, should i first start lowering multiplier and
    > working my fsb up? or should i start straight at 200fsb and see if it goes
    > straight away without any changes?
    > Some advice on best starting of :)
    > Thanks.

    This might help, not sure:

    http://compreviews.about.com/od/cpus/l/aaAthlonXP2500.htm

    Donny Broome
    donny AT broomeman DOT com
    Kill Spyware! Visit:
    http://www.broomeman.com/spyware/

    "Lee" <leecomp@REMOVETHISblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    > Ok I got a 2500+ XP mobile processor unlocked :) I don't know best way to
    > start the overclocking road, should i first start lowering multiplier and
    > working my fsb up? or should i start straight at 200fsb and see if it goes
    > straight away without any changes?
    > Some advice on best starting of :)
    > Thanks.

    my 2500+ AXD isn't unlocked. I can only get 195mhz out of it at default 11

    Annoyed as I bought it off of ebay thinking it was a mobile (ad stated it
    was) as I was hoping to get 220+ mhz out of system bus.

    "Donny Broome" <broomeman@hotmail.DOTcom> wrote in message
    > This might help, not sure:
    >
    > http://compreviews.about.com/od/cpus/l/aaAthlonXP2500.htm

    > Donny Broome
    > donny AT broomeman DOT com
    > Kill Spyware! Visit:
    > http://www.broomeman.com/spyware/
    >

    > "Lee" <leecomp@REMOVETHISblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
    >> Ok I got a 2500+ XP mobile processor unlocked :) I don't know best way to
    >> start the overclocking road, should i first start lowering multiplier and
    >> working my fsb up? or should i start straight at 200fsb and see if it
    >> goes
    >> straight away without any changes?
    >> Some advice on best starting of :)
    >> Thanks.