lee

received my ys-tech 80mm fan and not sure if i installed it right way round
on heatsink i got it so the label is facing downwards onto heatsink, should
this be facing so i can see it? thinking am i blowing hot air onto heatsink?

Cheers for advice.

Normally they blow out the side with the frame legs that holds the fan in
the center. If it's blowing up, you can feel it with your hand. It may
actually work better blowing up -- you can try it both ways if you have a
way to read the temperature.

--
Ed Light

Smiley :-/
MS Smiley :-\

Send spam to the FTC at
spam@uce.gov
Thanks, robots.

Bring the Troops Home:
http://bringthemhomenow.org

Fight Spam:
http://bluesecurity.com

Lee wrote:

> received my ys-tech 80mm fan and not sure if i installed it right way round
> on heatsink i got it so the label is facing downwards onto heatsink, should
> this be facing so i can see it? thinking am i blowing hot air onto heatsink?

That's usually what you want - air blown onto heatsink. The label
goes up.

Note, a quick google shows a ys-tech 80mm fan review where the blades
are opposite the way one might expect, which may have been the source
of your confusion.

http://www.pchardware.co.uk/swifttechandtornado.php

Bryan

"bhoover@wecs.com" wrote:

> Lee wrote:
> >
> > received my ys-tech 80mm fan and not sure if i installed it right way round
> > on heatsink i got it so the label is facing downwards onto heatsink, should
> > this be facing so i can see it? thinking am i blowing hot air onto heatsink?
>
> That's usually what you want - air blown onto heatsink. The label
> goes up.
>
> Note, a quick google shows a ys-tech 80mm fan review where the blades
> are opposite the way one might expect, which may have been the source
> of your confusion.

Actually, that would be the Vantech Tornado with the opposite blades.

Bryan

> http://www.pchardware.co.uk/swifttechandtornado.php
>
> Bryan

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

"Lee" <leecomp@REMOVETHISblueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> received my ys-tech 80mm fan and not sure if i installed it right way round
> on heatsink i got it so the label is facing downwards onto heatsink, should
> this be facing so i can see it? thinking am i blowing hot air onto heatsink?
>
> Cheers for advice.

Usually where you see the wires (and usually the label as well) is the
underside. This side is where air expels from and should be facing downwards to
the heatsink. The other (top) side of the fan usually is smooth at the center -
sometimes domed shaped or just flat and rounded towards the edges.