Will a GF 3 Ti 200 work on an Intel LX mobo. GF 4 Ti wont even boot but
this might get a bit more play out of my sons elderly P2 333.
640 x480 16 bit is just crawling on an GF2 MX.

TIA

RJAG wrote:
> Will a GF 3 Ti 200 work on an Intel LX mobo. GF 4 Ti wont even boot
> but this might get a bit more play out of my sons elderly P2 333.
> 640 x480 16 bit is just crawling on an GF2 MX.

This must be a power issue, and i don't think geforce 3 and 4 differ so much
in power usage. Therefore, I'm skeptical.

yeah I think its a voltage issue but I'm not sure if the AGP v1 slot will
take the GF 3 as I know the GF4 needs a AGP v2.0 slot

RJAG wrote:
> yeah I think its a voltage issue but I'm not sure if the AGP v1 slot
> will take the GF 3 as I know the GF4 needs a AGP v2.0 slot

http://www.playtool.com/pages/agpcompat/agp.html

No difference. In theory it should work, but old agp mobos struggle to
deliver enough current to drive these relatively new cards. Now, if you had
a card with a separate powerconnector, it might work, as in that case all
the power didn't need to be fed through the agp-connector.
The Geforce 4 does not *need* an AGP 2.0 slot, it will work in 1.0.

Egil Solberg wrote:

..
> The Geforce 4 does not *need* an AGP 2.0 slot, it will work in 1.0.

correction: The ti-4200-8, ti4600-8 and the ti 4800 do. Others don't. If you
tried one of those, the geforce 3 is the way to go. Or a normal geforce4
card.

homer

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Why not just spend 15 quid and solve the problem

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Intel-Pentium-3-600-MHz-motherboard-onboard-graphics_W0QQitemZ6797622309QQcategoryZ101203QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Its even on buy it now

regards
homer

"RJAG" <robin@robingordon.wanadoo.co.uk> wrote in message
> Will a GF 3 Ti 200 work on an Intel LX mobo. GF 4 Ti wont even boot but
> this might get a bit more play out of my sons elderly P2 333.
> 640 x480 16 bit is just crawling on an GF2 MX.
>
> TIA

homer

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Maybe this might be better

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Intel-Slot-board-with-PIII-500MHz-cpu-and-64Mb-RAM_W0QQitemZ6797387196QQcategoryZ99241QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

"Homer" <wantingspam@btinterent.com> wrote in message
> Why not just spend 15 quid and solve the problem
>
> http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Intel-Pentium-3-600-MHz-motherboard-onboard-graphics_W0QQitemZ6797622309QQcategoryZ101203QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
>
> Its even on buy it now

The onboard graphics on my 3 month old mobo is half the speed of an ancient
geforce 256 32mb I had laying around when I built the system. And it steals
up to 64meg of my main memory.

Bob