Abit AN7 / Athlon 2600 best OC settings?

Hi guys, bought a bunch of used gear and hoping to get the most out of it.

I have a 2600 Athlon, currently running @ standard 2.08 ghz
AN7 abit motherboard
All in Wonder Pro XT 9600
2x corsair DDR 400 512 meg dimms ( total 1 gig )

I had a huge "thermaltake" cooler put on ( looks alot like
http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/comboCool/pipe101/pipe101.htm )

The only other piece of hardware is a BenQ dvd burner ( over 1200 burned and
counting thank you very much )

Any advice for an AMD newbie?

Much apreciated! And if this post looks to much like a request for
"spoonfeeding" then I'd also gladly take some recomended reading links so I
can learn a bit more and ask better questions.

Thanks.

"montreal home" <teacherspetpro@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi guys, bought a bunch of used gear and hoping to get the most out of it.
>
> I have a 2600 Athlon, currently running @ standard 2.08 ghz
> AN7 abit motherboard
> All in Wonder Pro XT 9600
> 2x corsair DDR 400 512 meg dimms ( total 1 gig )
>
> I had a huge "thermaltake" cooler put on ( looks alot like
> http://www.thermaltake.com/coolers/comboCool/pipe101/pipe101.htm )

Actually, it's this one here, sorry bout that.
http://www.overclockercafe.com/Reviews/cooling/Tt_SilentTower/

On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 15:44:06 -0400, montreal home wrote:

> Any advice for an AMD newbie?

Google.

Results 1 - 10 of 929 for an7 2600. (0.12 seconds)

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=an7+2600&hl=en

Other info on my server and here;

http://fab51.com/index-e.html
http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

"Wes Newell" <w.newell@TAKEOUTverizon.net> wrote in message
> On Sat, 03 Sep 2005 15:44:06 -0400, montreal home wrote:
>
>> Any advice for an AMD newbie?
>>
> Google.
>
> Results 1 - 10 of 929 for an7 2600. (0.12 seconds)
>
> http://groups.google.com/groups?q=an7+2600&hl=en
>
> Other info on my server and here;
>
> http://fab51.com/index-e.html
> http://www.ocinside.de/go_e.html?/html/workshop/pinmod/amd_pinmod.html

fair nuff, i'd googled the web but not usenet.

Lotta info to process. I thought my 2600+ would be a barton, it's a .13
thoroubred though. Ironacally, my 2600 sempron cpu ( bought it used in case
i screw up my athlon ) turns out to be a barton.

I'll keep reading but I get the feeling this is going to be over my head.

Thanks though!