Wireless Zero Configuration

I have just changed my wap to a Netgear WGR614 v5 from a linsys wap.
Anyway, now when I start up my laptop I always have to go into Services and
start the Wireless Zero Configuration. This a real pain in the butt.

For the life of me ican't figure this out. HELP!!

Configuration on laptop:

Dell Inspiron 8500
1ghz ram
Windows XP pro.
Truemobile 1400 Dual ban wlan mini pci card.

Thanks,
Gary

When you double click the WZC in the Services list and change the Startup
type to Automatic, does that setting not stick?

--
Roger Lemon
Newport Pagnell

"Marksman007" wrote:

> I have just changed my wap to a Netgear WGR614 v5 from a linsys wap.
> Anyway, now when I start up my laptop I always have to go into Services and
> start the Wireless Zero Configuration. This a real pain in the butt.
>
> For the life of me ican't figure this out. HELP!!
>
> Configuration on laptop:
>
> Dell Inspiron 8500
> 1ghz ram
> Windows XP pro.
> Truemobile 1400 Dual ban wlan mini pci card.
>
> Thanks,
> Gary

No the setting does not stick... every time I start my laptop I have to find
the WZC and start the service.

"Roger Lemon" wrote:

> When you double click the WZC in the Services list and change the Startup
> type to Automatic, does that setting not stick?
>

> --
> Roger Lemon
> Newport Pagnell
> England
>

> "Marksman007" wrote:
>
> > I have just changed my wap to a Netgear WGR614 v5 from a linsys wap.
> > Anyway, now when I start up my laptop I always have to go into Services and
> > start the Wireless Zero Configuration. This a real pain in the butt.
> >
> > For the life of me ican't figure this out. HELP!!
> >
> > Configuration on laptop:
> >
> > Dell Inspiron 8500
> > 1ghz ram
> > Windows XP pro.
> > Truemobile 1400 Dual ban wlan mini pci card.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Gary

Have another look at the Service and check that any other Service on which
it's dependent is also set to Automatic. I have RPC and NDisUser something
or other showing in mine as being necessary for WZC to run but the latter
doesn't even show in my list. A mystery in itself because my WZC works OK.

--
Roger Lemon
Newport Pagnell

"Marksman007" wrote:

> No the setting does not stick... every time I start my laptop I have to find
> the WZC and start the service.
>
> "Roger Lemon" wrote:
>
> > When you double click the WZC in the Services list and change the Startup
> > type to Automatic, does that setting not stick?
> >

> > --
> > Roger Lemon
> > Newport Pagnell
> > England
> >

> > "Marksman007" wrote:
> >
> > > I have just changed my wap to a Netgear WGR614 v5 from a linsys wap.
> > > Anyway, now when I start up my laptop I always have to go into Services and
> > > start the Wireless Zero Configuration. This a real pain in the butt.
> > >
> > > For the life of me ican't figure this out. HELP!!
> > >
> > > Configuration on laptop:
> > >
> > > Dell Inspiron 8500
> > > 1ghz ram
> > > Windows XP pro.
> > > Truemobile 1400 Dual ban wlan mini pci card.
> > >
> > > Thanks,
> > > Gary

"=?Utf-8?B?Um9nZXIgTGVtb24=?="
<RogerLemon@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in

> Have another look at the Service and check that any other
> Service on which it's dependent is also set to Automatic. I
> have RPC and NDisUser something or other showing in mine as
> being necessary for WZC to run but the latter doesn't even show
> in my list. A mystery in itself because my WZC works OK.

At least one wireless adapter manufacturer's proprietary config
utility shuts off WZC in XP every time you boot. Could that be the
cause in your case?

This is the most likely scenario. Check to make sure that you do not have
the Meetinghouse/Dell wireless client utility running on your laptop. The
Intel ProSet utility will also stop the WZC service at every boot if it is
managing your connections.

--
Jerry Peterson
Windows Network Services - Wireless