Windows 7 on NEW hard drive

Tags:
  • Configuration
  • Windows 7
  • Hard Drives
  • Windows Vista
Last response: in Windows 7
February 19, 2011 5:25:54 PM

i just bought a new hard drive to replace my old hard drive that has window 7 on it.

I have the disk to Windows 7 Home Premium UPGRADE which i used to upgrade my old hard drive from vista.

My question is how can i get windows 7 onto my brand new hard drive without buying windows 7 FULL edition.

Im sorry if i didnt provide enough info, just tell me what ya need and ill add it.

More about : windows hard drive

a c 233 $ Windows 7
February 21, 2011 11:13:49 AM

If this is going back into the same computer, you can try using clonezilla to clone your drive. Also, check your drive manufactures web site. More of them are including free cloning software now.
m
l
February 22, 2011 3:56:11 AM

hellnova said:
i just bought a new hard drive to replace my old hard drive that has window 7 on it.

I have the disk to Windows 7 Home Premium UPGRADE which i used to upgrade my old hard drive from vista.

My question is how can i get windows 7 onto my brand new hard drive without buying windows 7 FULL edition.

Im sorry if i didnt provide enough info, just tell me what ya need and ill add it.

That's to say, you want to upgrade the old hard drive to a new one. If you just use the new hard drive on the same computer ,you can clone the old hard drive to the new one and use the new one without buying another windows 7
Here is an article is very suitable for you which contains the steps:
http://www.todo-backup.com/products/features/disk-clone...
Hope you can solve the problem.
m
l
Related resources
!