does Ghost restore previous raid stripe size?

Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
September 12, 2005 9:10:26 PM

I just moved my two raid 0 disks from the Asus A8V Promise controller to
the VIA controller. Saw a 15% speed gain (from 65 to 76 MB/second
according to HDTach, from two WD 80GB SATA disks). Also burst rate
increased from 112MB/sec to 161MB/second.

When rebuilding the raid array, I specifically reduced stripe size from
64KB to 32KB. I suppose my mistake is possible, because it is now
reported as 64KB again.

I restored the XP system with Ghost 2003. Does Ghost restore also reset
stripe size? Guessing, but I suppose it is just some bytes on the
Master Boot Record, and might do it? Any way around that?
November 30, 2005 8:56:22 PM

That's strange. I don't see how Ghost could do that seeing how the stripe size is controlled from the RAID controller. Perhaps you made an error when building the RAID table?

-mpjesse
!