Sempron 64 bit with K8V-X?

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Does anyone know if the Sempron 64 bit will work with the K8V-X? Does the
BIOS need to be flashed?

--
"All problems have a simple solution! The more complex the solution, the
more ludicrous the analogy!"

chris schrieb:
> Does anyone know if the Sempron 64 bit will work with the K8V-X?

Depends on which Sempron - you may wish to consult

<http://support.asus.com/cpusupport/cpusupport.aspx?SLanguage=en-us>

and find there the answer, too, for your second question

> Does the BIOS need to be flashed?

HTH - roy

Chris

Distinguished
Dec 7, 2003

Thanks for the info. I found the support page after posting the message
here. The ASUS site does indicate that the Sempron 64 will work with the
motherboard. However, it requires BIOS version 1011

Let's say the BIOS of the K8V-X which I buy does not have 1011. Does that
mean it won't boot at all or, does it mean the MB will recognize it as a
different processor. You see, if I buy this MB and the Sempron 64 processor
and the system does not boot at all, I won't be able to get flash the BIOS
since I don't have another processor to use with this MB.