Overclocking Shuttle XPC SB75G2

Hello
I''ve just got my new SHUTTLE XPC SB75G2 with 512mb Corsair XMS PC35OO
(434MHZ)

Processor is : Intel P4 (800MHZ) 2.8GHZ

Any tips for overclocking please?

Newbie seeks Advice!
Cheers..

if you don't no don't bother until you have experience

"shahid sayeed" <ss007f4410@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hello
> I''ve just got my new SHUTTLE XPC SB75G2 with 512mb Corsair XMS PC35OO
> (434MHZ)
>
> Processor is : Intel P4 (800MHZ) 2.8GHZ
>
> Any tips for overclocking please?
>
> Newbie seeks Advice!
> Cheers..

How am i supposed to get experience, if nobody helps?

shahid sayeed wrote:
> How am i supposed to get experience, if nobody helps?

Just asking for tips suggests you haven't done any research and there are a
myriad of sites and articles on the web that provide a wealth of information.

Point 1: Use search engines and do some research rather than just asking
people to recreate what's readily available.

Try here as a starter for some 'how to's

http://www.overclockers.com/topiclist/index04.asp#BEGINNER%20GUIDES

Overclocking basics (from that page)

http://www.overclockers.com/articles740/

From the same site, a database on what others have achieved with various
processors.

http://www.cpudatabase.com/CPUdb/

> "cj.barvir" <cj.barvir@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
>
>>if you don't no don't bother until you have experience
>>
>>"shahid sayeed" <ss007f4410@blueyonder.co.uk> wrote in message
>>
>>>Hello
>>>I''ve just got my new SHUTTLE XPC SB75G2 with 512mb Corsair XMS PC35OO
>>>(434MHZ)
>>>
>>>Processor is : Intel P4 (800MHZ) 2.8GHZ
>>>
>>>Any tips for overclocking please?
>>>
>>>Newbie seeks Advice!
>>>Cheers..

Ok thanks. will check out those articles.
I have actually looked at various sites and have tried searching on google
with specs of my machine.. although no joy..

But cheers will check out the sites you've listed..

shahid sayeed wrote:

> Ok thanks. will check out those articles.
> I have actually looked at various sites and have tried searching on google
> with specs of my machine.. although no joy..
>
> But cheers will check out the sites you've listed..

google gave me this one.

http://www.2cpu.com/articles/48_3.html

Increase your FSB small steps at a time and test it for stability.

Increased Vcore is generally needed for more speed but that generates more
heat as well.

> "David Maynard" <dNOTmayn@ev1.net> wrote in message
>
>>shahid sayeed wrote:
>>
>>>How am i supposed to get experience, if nobody helps?
>>
>>Just asking for tips suggests you haven't done any research and there are

>>myriad of sites and articles on the web that provide a wealth of
>
> information.
>
>>Point 1: Use search engines and do some research rather than just asking
>>people to recreate what's readily available.
>>
>>Try here as a starter for some 'how to's
>>
>>http://www.overclockers.com/topiclist/index04.asp#BEGINNER%20GUIDES
>>
>>Overclocking basics (from that page)
>>
>>http://www.overclockers.com/articles740/
>>
>> From the same site, a database on what others have achieved with various
>>processors.
>>
>>http://www.cpudatabase.com/CPUdb/
>>

>>>"cj.barvir" <cj.barvir@ntlworld.com> wrote in message

Thanks for all your help Dave!

Cheers..
> shahid sayeed wrote:
>
> > Ok thanks. will check out those articles.
> > I have actually looked at various sites and have tried searching on
google
> > with specs of my machine.. although no joy..
> >
> > But cheers will check out the sites you've listed..
>
> google gave me this one.
>
> http://www.2cpu.com/articles/48_3.html
>

> Increase your FSB small steps at a time and test it for stability.
>
> Increased Vcore is generally needed for more speed but that generates more
> heat as well.
>
> > "David Maynard" <dNOTmayn@ev1.net> wrote in message

> >>Just asking for tips suggests you haven't done any research and there
are

> >>myriad of sites and articles on the web that provide a wealth of
> >
> > information.
> >
> >>Point 1: Use search engines and do some research rather than just asking
> >>people to recreate what's readily available.
> >>
> >>Try here as a starter for some 'how to's
> >>
> >>http://www.overclockers.com/topiclist/index04.asp#BEGINNER%20GUIDES
> >>
> >>Overclocking basics (from that page)
> >>
> >>http://www.overclockers.com/articles740/
> >>
> >> From the same site, a database on what others have achieved with
various
> >>processors.
> >>
> >>http://www.cpudatabase.com/CPUdb/

PC35OO

I have same system.

Easiest and simplist overclock would be increase fsb to 217 MHz. This
will give you over 3 GHz. Well done on your choice of RAM, this will
make overclocking much easier.

If you go much beyond this you may have to change the ratio from 1:1
to 4:3 or 5:4. You do this by selecting RAM speed in bios
(DDR3200=1:1) (DDR2700=) etc.

This effectively means your CPU clock and RAM clock runs slightly out
of sync which is slightly less efficient from a bandwidth point of
view. However by doing this you should easily be able to achieve 250
MHz FSB for the processor, but your RAM would be unlikely to run at
this speed: you'd need DDR4000 for that.

From experience I would expect you not to have to increase Vcore. I
would advise against in fact.