AMD MObile CPUs?

Hi,

I have an Asus A7V-266E with an athalon XP1600. I just been looking at a pc
website as I intended to but an xp2400. I've noticed they're selling mobile
xp-m cpus. Could I use one of these cpus with the motherboard I already
have? Do I need to make any mods to the cpu? I'm running the latest BIOS on
my motherboard and I think that lets me run up to a 2600. Seen as the mobile
xps come unlocked should I buy an xp2500-m and oc it to 2600?

Thanks, Tim.
3 answers Last reply
More about mobile cpus

    The XP Mobile should work fine in your board.

    "Krell" <some@onentlword.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I have an Asus A7V-266E with an athalon XP1600. I just been looking at a
    pc
    > website as I intended to but an xp2400. I've noticed they're selling
    mobile
    > xp-m cpus. Could I use one of these cpus with the motherboard I already
    > have? Do I need to make any mods to the cpu? I'm running the latest BIOS
    on
    > my motherboard and I think that lets me run up to a 2600. Seen as the
    mobile
    > xps come unlocked should I buy an xp2500-m and oc it to 2600?
    >
    > Thanks, Tim.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    If you can run an xp processor on the motherboard then a mobile varient will
    work the only difference being is that the xp-m has a lower vcore which
    means much better overclocking :)

    On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 04:37:58 +0100, "Krell" <some@onentlword.com> wrote:

    >:>Hi,
    >:>
    >:>I have an Asus A7V-266E with an athalon XP1600. I just been looking at a pc
    >:>website as I intended to but an xp2400. I've noticed they're selling mobile
    >:>xp-m cpus. Could I use one of these cpus with the motherboard I already
    >:>have? Do I need to make any mods to the cpu? I'm running the latest BIOS on
    >:>my motherboard and I think that lets me run up to a 2600. Seen as the mobile
    >:>xps come unlocked should I buy an xp2500-m and oc it to 2600?
    >:>
    >:>Thanks, Tim.
    >:>

    -----
    Lee.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    Lee wrote:

    > If you can run an xp processor on the motherboard then a mobile varient will
    > work the only difference being is that the xp-m has a lower vcore which
    > means much better overclocking :)

    Well, with some caveats. The motherboard may report it as an 'unknown' type
    of processor. My DFI Infinity Ultra says that.

    Also, it doesn't seem to figure out the default multiplier the way one
    might expect so if you can't set it manually you may discover that you have
    a '1 Gig' processor.

    > On Sun, 11 Apr 2004 04:37:58 +0100, "Krell" <some@onentlword.com> wrote:
    >

    >>:>Hi,
    >>:>
    >>:>I have an Asus A7V-266E with an athalon XP1600. I just been looking at a pc
    >>:>website as I intended to but an xp2400. I've noticed they're selling mobile
    >>:>xp-m cpus. Could I use one of these cpus with the motherboard I already
    >>:>have? Do I need to make any mods to the cpu? I'm running the latest BIOS on
    >>:>my motherboard and I think that lets me run up to a 2600. Seen as the mobile
    >>:>xps come unlocked should I buy an xp2500-m and oc it to 2600?
    >>:>
    >>:>Thanks, Tim.
    >>:>
    >

    > -----
    > Lee.

Amd Mobile CPUs Motherboards Overclocking