Canon i965 printer

My i965 recently had print head problems. Only yellow and green were
printed when using glossy paper. Several deep cleanings later problem
still there. New inks, no better. Took it back to dealer. Now prints
ok but ink tanks allways show half full. Only time I know when to
install new is when one colour fails. Canon help desk is a waste of
time, the call centre in bucharest is clueless. Replies from them do
not materialise.

Anyone out there know the answer please.

Thanks

John Dobson

==============

On 4 Aug 2004 16:14:10 -0400,
john@north-walsham.freeserve.co-dot-uk.no-spam.invalid (johndobson)
wrote:

>My i965 recently had print head problems. Only yellow and green were
>printed when using glossy paper. Several deep cleanings later problem
>still there. New inks, no better. Took it back to dealer. Now prints
>ok but ink tanks allways show half full. Only time I know when to
>install new is when one colour fails. Canon help desk is a waste of
>time, the call centre in bucharest is clueless. Replies from them do
>not materialise.
>
>Anyone out there know the answer please.
>
>Thanks
>
>John Dobson
>
>==============
>Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware troubleshooting newsgroups.

install an empty cartridge so it triggers an ink low warning.. put in
your new cartridge.. It will read full again.

Its not important to read full because when the liquid tank empties,
the warning will still pop up.

Thanks Beezer, I will try what you suggest, next time I have an empty
tank

John Dobson

==============

John, we are having colour problem on our i965, certain colours won't
print on glossy paper even though they work perfectly well on matt
paper. We to have had no luck with Canon support. Do you know what
your dealer did to fix the problem or was it sent off to Canon?

Thanks

Anne

john@north-walsham.freeserve.co-dot-uk.no-spam.invalid (johndobson) wrote in message news:<41114392_7@news.athenanews.com>...
> My i965 recently had print head problems. Only yellow and green were
> printed when using glossy paper. Several deep cleanings later problem
> still there. New inks, no better. Took it back to dealer. Now prints
> ok but ink tanks allways show half full. Only time I know when to
> install new is when one colour fails. Canon help desk is a waste of
> time, the call centre in bucharest is clueless. Replies from them do
> not materialise.
>
> Anyone out there know the answer please.
>
> Thanks
>
> John Dobson
>
> ==============
> Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware troubleshooting newsgroups.

Anne,

Try a nozzle test to be sure ALL colors are firing properly.
This printer fires different inks based on the paper type selection and
could be that
one or more of your inks are not firing.

"Anne" <anne.tasker@zenzero.co.uk> wrote in message
> John, we are having colour problem on our i965, certain colours won't
> print on glossy paper even though they work perfectly well on matt
> paper. We to have had no luck with Canon support. Do you know what
> your dealer did to fix the problem or was it sent off to Canon?
>
> Thanks
>
> Anne
>
> john@north-walsham.freeserve.co-dot-uk.no-spam.invalid (johndobson) wrote
in message news:<41114392_7@news.athenanews.com>...
> > My i965 recently had print head problems. Only yellow and green were
> > printed when using glossy paper. Several deep cleanings later problem
> > still there. New inks, no better. Took it back to dealer. Now prints
> > ok but ink tanks allways show half full. Only time I know when to
> > install new is when one colour fails. Canon help desk is a waste of
> > time, the call centre in bucharest is clueless. Replies from them do
> > not materialise.
> >
> > Anyone out there know the answer please.
> >
> > Thanks
> >
> > John Dobson
> >
> > ==============
> > Posted through www.HowToFixComputers.com/bb - free access to hardware
troubleshooting newsgroups.

Hi,
I'm having exactly the same problem. Prints fine on normal paper but
when glossy is selected then something is very wrong. Prints all
green/yellow. Tried new inks, re-installing printer, deep cleaning
etc.

Bought mine from a company in France so no chance of taking it back.
Does anyone know what the problem is and, if so, how to fix it??

I've done some tests by printing blocks of colour corresponding to the
6 ink tank colours and it looks like magenta and photo magenta are
not printing correctly, if at all, in the high quality/glossy print
modes.

Still bummed out about what to do about it, though. Anyone got any
ideas / suggestions?

Thing is, the same pattern prints fine on normal / plain paper
settings?!%$£!