DIMM or SDRAM DDR or PCxxxx?

Someone

HI,

I'm confused: My Mobo requires Dual channel DIMM DDR400 or DIMM DDR333.

I've found that PC3200 means DDR400 and PC2700 means DDR333 but I usually
only find those offered as SDRAM.

Is SDRAM the same as DIMM?

"SomeOne" <askme@yahoo.co.uk> wrote
> I'm confused: My Mobo requires Dual channel DIMM DDR400 or DIMM DDR333.
>
> I've found that PC3200 means DDR400 and PC2700 means DDR333 but I usually
> only find those offered as SDRAM.
>
> Is SDRAM the same as DIMM?

Dual Inline Memory Modules (DIMMs) are the memory cards that plug into your
motherboard - DDR SDRAMs are the IC chips on the DIMMs.

Ciao...

[UK]_Nick...
--
Nick M V Salmon Master Mariner MN(Retd.)
Email: My four initials at dsl dot pipex dot com