o/c the PCI bus.

i have an xp2500 o/c'd to 3200 on stock voltages on an EP-8KRA2+ and all
seems well but i can get more out of the FSB. the system will run fine at
205 FSB (410) but some of the sounds on my SBLive 5.1 start to corrupt, is
there any way to lock the PCI bus but increase the FSB as the system runs a
lot faster and smoother but CMcR 04 starts to buzz ear-splittingly loud
after a crash. webpages are a bit fuzzy too but this i can put up with.
should i use the onboard sound but then i'd lose the EAX support etc...
advice anyone.

Robin:eek:)

Jim

If the mobo doesn't provide a PCI/AGP lock, or dividers, then you're just
out of luck. This has always been a shortcoming of VIA chipsets for OC'ers
(at least in the past few years, supposedly KT880 is going to be lockable),
so nothing new here. Sometimes a particular PCI device is more sensitive,
as apparentlly the SB Live shows. The only other choice might be to use the
multiplier instead of FSB (not ideal, I know) to get a little more speed
(assuming the multipler is unlocked).

HTH

Jim