No internet access with one of networked pcs

Hi. I am going crazy with one of the pcs on my network. I have great signal
strength, but cannot access the internet. When I check the ip config, the
address is 0.0.0.0, and when try to ping the router, it says that the
destination host is unreachable. I have talked to Linksys, and they say that
it MAY be a tcp/ip stack issue? Whatever the heck that is?!?!?! Can anyone
help me?
2 answers Last reply
More about internet access networked

    Greetings Kubiegirl,

    See the following MS KB Article.

    "Ipconfig" Command Reports IP Address 0.0.0.0
    http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822123

    _________________
    Eric Cross
    Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
    http://mvp.support.microsoft.com

    "Kubiegirl" <Kubiegirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > Hi. I am going crazy with one of the pcs on my network. I have great
    > signal
    > strength, but cannot access the internet. When I check the ip config, the
    > address is 0.0.0.0, and when try to ping the router, it says that the
    > destination host is unreachable. I have talked to Linksys, and they say
    > that
    > it MAY be a tcp/ip stack issue? Whatever the heck that is?!?!?! Can
    > anyone
    > help me?

    Hi

    Since it is Wireless you should consider both the issue as stated in Eric's
    link + Viable Wireless Connection.

    The signal strength is a combination of the actual 802.11x signal + Phone +
    Microwaves + other sources that might generate 2.4GHz "Noise" + Brain
    emissions of the user's anxiety state (j/k), in other words it is visual
    representation of all the 2.4GHz in the atmosphere around the your Wireless
    hardware.

    I.e. you might see High Signal Strength that Shows: Excellent = 30% signal
    + 70% noise.

    The real measure of the Wireless signal capacity is Signal to Noise Ratio
    (SNR), a measure that takes into consideration the relevant Signal adjusted
    to the Noise Level. Unfortunately, none of the Entry Level Wireless drivers
    provides such a measure.

    May be this can Help.

    Wireless hardware - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Hardware.html

    Wireless - Basic Configuration - http://www.ezlan.net/Wireless_Config.html

    If none of them help you should connect the computer to the Router with a
    cable and make sure that your basic Windows setting are working.

    If you need to fix the underline base of the TCP/IP Stack look at the end of
    this page there are few links to resources on this matter:
    http://www.ezlan.net/clean.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Eric Cross [MVP]" <encross@eudoramail.com> wrote in message
    > Greetings Kubiegirl,
    >
    > See the following MS KB Article.
    >
    > "Ipconfig" Command Reports IP Address 0.0.0.0
    > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=kb;en-us;822123
    >
    > _________________
    > Eric Cross
    > Microsoft MVP (Windows Networking)
    > http://mvp.support.microsoft.com
    >

    > "Kubiegirl" <Kubiegirl@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > > Hi. I am going crazy with one of the pcs on my network. I have great
    > > signal
    > > strength, but cannot access the internet. When I check the ip config,
    the
    > > address is 0.0.0.0, and when try to ping the router, it says that the
    > > destination host is unreachable. I have talked to Linksys, and they say
    > > that
    > > it MAY be a tcp/ip stack issue? Whatever the heck that is?!?!?! Can
    > > anyone
    > > help me?

Internet Access PCS Wireless Networking