Samsung Offers UK Users App to Transfer iPhone Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

christarp

Honorable
Mar 9, 2012
It's almost funny to see how much samsung is trying to get people to switch. At this point it seems like it's out of desperation. From the iphone bashing comercials to this, samsung really wants apple out of the equation, but they play well with everyone else.

I could see the usefulness of this, except the part where you continue to run iTunes on the PC. If anything, I would prefer to get rid of iTunes altogether, but I guess a lot of people are still using it. I hope the software gives one the option to remove iTunes from the equation. I am not in UK, I can not test it, and besides I kept away from iTunes. The only iThing I have is an old gen iPod, which I had to fix myself a couple of times (so much for 'it just works' - replaced battery, HDD, clickwheel) and I still have that only for the size of storage (currently 128 Gb SDD-type media).
[citation][nom]christarp[/nom]It's almost funny to see how much samsung is trying to get people to switch. At this point it seems like it's out of desperation. From the iphone bashing comercials to this, samsung really wants apple out of the equation, but they play well with everyone else.[/citation]
This is an app that gives people options, that's it. It does not force anyone to use it and once it's installed it does not take away other options from the user. This is something rarely - if ever - seen in Apple world: giving people options, instead of defaulting them as morons that need to be told what to do and lead them by hand. Besides, I have a real hard time believing that Samsung would be desperate about anything, as they are a top electronics manufacturer in pretty good shape, AFAIK.
The bashing commercials trend was launched successfully by "I'm a Mac" series, if you remember, and also if you remember Windows is still dominating. Looks like Apple's desperation didn't really work out in that case, did it?

clivene09

Distinguished
May 28, 2010
[citation][nom]christarp[/nom]It's almost funny to see how much samsung is trying to get people to switch. At this point it seems like it's out of desperation. From the iphone bashing comercials to this, samsung really wants apple out of the equation, but they play well with everyone else.[/citation]

I see it differently. To me Apple are the ones that try and prevent choices, and Samsung is trying to give those choices back to people. Its not enough they make a better phone. If Iphone users feel like they are going to lose to much by making the switch, they are going to be REQUIRED to keep buying Apple.

zetzabre

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2011
Ok, now we have a new sue from Apple.

Now, seriously, this is something really good for users who want to try a galaxy phone. I'm not an iphone user, but having options is always a good thing. Now, if Apple makes something similar for the galaxy, it would be a good thing too. After all, fair competition is what we costumers want.

jonathan1683

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2009
Wow, I sent Samsung a long email about this issue. I have all i devices and want try switch phones, but I want to be able to access all my content I own in itunes. While this is not exactly what I was looking for at least they are listening. I wanted to get a smart TV, but all my purchases are stored in icloud. I should be legally allowed to access my purchases without owning an idevice. I asked to to pursue legally a back door for non- idevice users to access their content.

rantoc

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2009
I would not be surprised if Apple will be forced to share all the details about Itunes protocols and the like to allow other makers of phones to be able to make clients for it since today its forcing the customers to one brand or loose all media files and that is if anything anti-competitive!

Cy-Kill

Distinguished
Mar 9, 2010
"Samsung is giving UK users free access to an app that will help them make the movie from the iPhone to a Galaxy device."

Does Tom's not have an editor to check articles over before they are posted to fix mistakes, this has been happening a lot more over the past few months!

[citation][nom]jonathan1683[/nom]Wow, I sent Samsung a long email about this issue. I have all i devices and want try switch phones, but I want to be able to access all my content I own in itunes. While this is not exactly what I was looking for at least they are listening. I wanted to get a smart TV, but all my purchases are stored in icloud. I should be legally allowed to access my purchases without owning an idevice. I asked to to pursue legally a back door for non- idevice users to access their content.[/citation]
Looks like you're in luck.

david brownz

Honorable
Jun 25, 2012
One thing i want to conform here that Samsung is offering the free application to transfer the data from Iphone to another new device is only for UK people, so when Samsung will give such a great offer to another people.

mihaimm

Distinguished
Apr 6, 2009
[citation][nom]clivene09[/nom]To me Apple are the ones that try and prevent choices, and Samsung is trying to give those choices back to people.[/citation]Right... :) Let's get something right here: Samsung and Apple are companies competing with each other. They both use every mean they have at their disposal to block the other. Or to win a customer from the other. They're not about revolutions or people. They don't care about you. They're not about choice. Both want just one thing: to make money.

G

Samsung is trying to convert the 200 million iTunes users. iTunes has more credit card information than any other online media market (vs. Google Play or Amazon), People use iTunes, are comfortable with navigating it, and trust it. Samsung is targeting the iPhone users because the iPhone is a premium device like the S3 is a premium device
Easy Phone sync is not a new application. iSyncr is an Android application in Google Play and Amazon that sync's iTunes media and makes the switch easy for all users, not just UK Samsung users. iSyncr allows users to maintain their content with iTunes and sync it to their Galaxy S3 or any other Android device.
At the end of the day, iTunes users have the options to choose either operating system and maintain their content.

Status
Not open for further replies.