Power supply? 120mm or dual 80mm?

Hi everyone,

I've decided that it's finally time to upgrade the old power supply to
something that can pull a little more air out of the system.

What seems to provide better cooling yet keep the system quiet?
A single 120mm fan or 2x 80mm fans?

Thanks!

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

David Yackness wrote:

> Hi everyone,
>
> I've decided that it's finally time to upgrade the old power supply to
> something that can pull a little more air out of the system.
>
> What seems to provide better cooling yet keep the system quiet?
> A single 120mm fan or 2x 80mm fans?
>
> Thanks!

They even make some with 140mm fans.
Try silentpcreview.com and look at 'recommended' on left pane.

user

Splendid
Dec 26, 2003

")-()-(" wrote:

> David Yackness wrote:
>
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I've decided that it's finally time to upgrade the old power supply to
> > something that can pull a little more air out of the system.
> >
> > What seems to provide better cooling yet keep the system quiet?
> > A single 120mm fan or 2x 80mm fans?
> >
> > Thanks!
>
> They even make some with 140mm fans.
> Try silentpcreview.com and look at 'recommended' on left pane.

and tell me what you pick. Just curious.

Slow and large is better than fast and small. The best of all is a Hunter
Original; 7500 cu. ft./minute at 75 rpm. VERY quiet. On the other hand,
the diamater is 54" B^)

--
Phil Weldon, pweldonatmindjumpdotcom
For communication,

Phil Weldon wrote:

> Slow and large is better than fast and small. The best of all is a Hunter
> Original; 7500 cu. ft./minute at 75 rpm. VERY quiet. On the other hand,
> the diamater is 54" B^)

Oh boy. Now we'll get the 'adapter' folly going again.

i think my gradeschool had some of those...

NuTs

"Phil Weldon" <notdisclosed@example.com> wrote in message
> Slow and large is better than fast and small. The best of all is a Hunter
> Original; 7500 cu. ft./minute at 75 rpm. VERY quiet. On the other hand,
> the diamater is 54" B^)
>
> --
> Phil Weldon, pweldonatmindjumpdotcom
> For communication,
> replace "at" with the 'at sign'
> replace "mindjump" with "mindspring."
> replace "dot" with "."
>

> "David Yackness" <dyackness@shaw.nospamforme.ca> wrote in message
> > Hi everyone,
> >
> > I've decided that it's finally time to upgrade the old power supply to
> > something that can pull a little more air out of the system.
> >
> > What seems to provide better cooling yet keep the system quiet?
> > A single 120mm fan or 2x 80mm fans?
> >
> > Thanks!

overlord

Distinguished
Aug 29, 2001

So right off the bat you should be thinking adapter and fan grill.....

On Mon, 03 May 2004 22:23:21 GMT, "Phil Weldon" <notdisclosed@example.com> wrote:

>Slow and large is better than fast and small. The best of all is a Hunter
>Original; 7500 cu. ft./minute at 75 rpm. VERY quiet. On the other hand,
>the diamater is 54" B^)
>
>--
>Phil Weldon, pweldonatmindjumpdotcom
>For communication,
>replace "at" with the 'at sign'
>replace "mindjump" with "mindspring."
>replace "dot" with "."
>

>"David Yackness" <dyackness@shaw.nospamforme.ca> wrote in message
>> Hi everyone,
>>
>> I've decided that it's finally time to upgrade the old power supply to
>> something that can pull a little more air out of the system.
>>
>> What seems to provide better cooling yet keep the system quiet?
>> A single 120mm fan or 2x 80mm fans?
>>
>> Thanks!
~~~~~~
Bait for spammers:
root@localhost
postmaster@localhost
admin@localhost
abuse@localhost
postmaster@[127.0.0.1]
uce@ftc.gov
~~~~~~
Remove "spamless" to email me.

ken

Distinguished
Jan 15, 2004

On Mon, 03 May 2004 19:30:41 -0500, David Maynard <dNOTmayn@ev1.net>
wrote:

>> Slow and large is better than fast and small.
>> The best of all is a Hunter Original; 7500 cu. ft./minute
>> at 75 rpm. VERY quiet. On the other hand,
>> the diamater is 54" B^)
>
> Oh boy. Now we'll get the 'adapter' folly going again.

"The fan"!
http://users.rcn.com/b.chau1/Cases/Momo.jpg

Ken wrote:
> On Mon, 03 May 2004 19:30:41 -0500, David Maynard <dNOTmayn@ev1.net>
> wrote:
>

>>>Slow and large is better than fast and small.
>>>The best of all is a Hunter Original; 7500 cu. ft./minute
>>>at 75 rpm. VERY quiet. On the other hand,
>>>the diamater is 54" B^)
>>
>>Oh boy. Now we'll get the 'adapter' folly going again.
>

> "The fan"!
> http://users.rcn.com/b.chau1/Cases/Momo.jpg

Hehe. Yeah, I remember that one.