Wireless LAN USB adapter

I just got a wireless internet at my home, and they gave me a wireless USB
adapter, which I assume is for my second computer. I have a wireless card in
the one computer and the internet works fine.
I installed the Wireless USB adapter and all its stuff onto the second
computer, and it says that it is connected to the network, yet the internet
is not working... I dont understand.

How do I fix this?

Do I need a wireless card along with the wireless USB adapter? that would
seem redudant
1 answer Last reply
More about wireless adapter

    Hi

    q1: Are you connecting to your wireless network(to your wireless router) ?

    if so

    q2: Do you have the security enabled on the router ,if so are you entering
    the correct "security key" when establishing the connection with the router?

    Probably one of the above things are preventing you from connecting to the
    internet . . . . .

    Thanks
    Prashanth.

    "Corey G" wrote:

    > I just got a wireless internet at my home, and they gave me a wireless USB
    > adapter, which I assume is for my second computer. I have a wireless card in
    > the one computer and the internet works fine.
    > I installed the Wireless USB adapter and all its stuff onto the second
    > computer, and it says that it is connected to the network, yet the internet
    > is not working... I dont understand.
    >
    > How do I fix this?
    >
    > Do I need a wireless card along with the wireless USB adapter? that would
    > seem redudant

Wireless Computers USB Adapter Wireless Networking