Motherboard Opinion Soyo P41-845PE

Hi,

I'm looking into getting a new motherboard for my computer, and I'm thinking
about getting this one:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=602194&sku=S450-2133

It has everything that I'm looking for: 6 pci slots, can handle a large
amount of ram, has RAID support, can handle large hard disks, HT technology,
etc. This is from the Soyo website:

http://www.soyousa.com/products/proddesc.php?id=192

So my question is, has anyone used it? What's your opinion on it? Happy
with it?

Thanks for your input,

MC
5 answers Last reply
More about motherboard opinion soyo 845pe

    Much to say,, I have.

    Don't buy off of Tiger Direct, a friend of mine did, and got a bad MB
    (Motherboard.)
    Don't goto pricegrabber either, I don't suggest going to newegg.com, but I
    buy off of them.
    So you might as well.
    Or buy off of some1 on ebay, it's how I got myself a Asus PC-DL Deluxe
    Socket 604 Pin Xeon (Dual)
    Don't buy Soyo, I've got a soyo board that has no chipset fan, and the thing
    locks up way before I even get close to
    hitting the max Point of the P4. (Overclocking that is.)
    I suggest either Gigabyte http://www.giga-byte.com or http://www.asus.com
    or an abit
    One more board, I was reading in MaxPc that the MSI P4 Boards are really
    nice, but I'm not sure on Overclocking.

    hope this helps,, I do.
    Denny. :-)

    "Moderately Confused" <moderatelyconfused@yahoospleen.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking into getting a new motherboard for my computer, and I'm
    thinking
    > about getting this one:

    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=6
    02194&sku=S450-2133

    > It has everything that I'm looking for: 6 pci slots, can handle a large
    > amount of ram, has RAID support, can handle large hard disks, HT
    technology,
    > etc. This is from the Soyo website:
    >
    > http://www.soyousa.com/products/proddesc.php?id=192
    >
    > So my question is, has anyone used it? What's your opinion on it? Happy
    > with it?
    >
    > Thanks for your input,
    >
    > MC

  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    I don't have a clue about overclocking it. I bought 4 of them from Tiger. I
    got them with celeron 2.7 ghz processors. They have been running several
    weeks. Two are office workstations. Two are gamers for teenagers. No
    problems so far. I don't know if you can run am 800 bus processor with them.
    I would like to find out for when they get cheaper. I have never gotten bad
    products from Tiger. However, they are notorious about not honoring their
    rebates.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    "Moderately Confused" <moderatelyconfused@yahoospleen.com> wrote in message
    > Hi,
    >
    > I'm looking into getting a new motherboard for my computer, and I'm
    thinking
    > about getting this one:

    http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/item-Details.asp?EdpNo=6
    02194&sku=S450-2133

    > It has everything that I'm looking for: 6 pci slots, can handle a large
    > amount of ram, has RAID support, can handle large hard disks, HT
    technology,
    > etc. This is from the Soyo website:
    >
    > http://www.soyousa.com/products/proddesc.php?id=192
    >
    > So my question is, has anyone used it? What's your opinion on it? Happy
    > with it?
    >
    > Thanks for your input,
    >
    > MC

    Ok, I finally got it up and running now, with a P4 2.8 ghz 800 mhz fsb
    processor. I haven't had time to tweak anything yet, I'm still finishing up
    reinstalling everything because of the clean Windows install I did.
    My only problem so far was that in order to get the chip to run at 800
    mhz, I had to clear the CMOS. Before I did that it wouldn't let the ram run
    at 400 mhz, limiting my clock speed to 1.8 ghz. One other little thing that
    I found was that Windows System Information reports the clock speed as
    "37826 MHz". I can only wish...

    MC
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    Keep me posted on how it does at 800. I have four of them but all are
    running celerons at the moment. I would like to crank up the speed on one or
    two of them later. So far they seem excellent for what I paid, which was
    about $80 for the board celeron 2.7 combo.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    "tom" <tom@noemail.net> wrote in message

    > Keep me posted on how it does at 800. I have four of them but all are
    > running celerons at the moment. I would like to crank up the speed on one
    or
    > two of them later. So far they seem excellent for what I paid, which was
    > about $80 for the board celeron 2.7 combo.

    It runs great at 800MHz FSB. You need PC3200 Ram to do it with this board,
    and you need to reset the CMOS to get the board to be able to "see" the Ram
    at 400MHz. I still haven't tried to overclock it yet, though.

    MC

Soyo Motherboards Overclocking