Motherboard Opinion Soyo P41-845PE

Last response: in Overclocking
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
May 8, 2004 2:39:06 AM

Hi,

I'm looking into getting a new motherboard for my computer, and I'm thinking
about getting this one:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/ite...

It has everything that I'm looking for: 6 pci slots, can handle a large
amount of ram, has RAID support, can handle large hard disks, HT technology,
etc. This is from the Soyo website:

http://www.soyousa.com/products/proddesc.php?id=192

So my question is, has anyone used it? What's your opinion on it? Happy
with it?

Thanks for your input,

MC
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
May 11, 2004 4:47:14 AM

Much to say,, I have.

Don't buy off of Tiger Direct, a friend of mine did, and got a bad MB
(Motherboard.)
Don't goto pricegrabber either, I don't suggest going to newegg.com, but I
buy off of them.
So you might as well.
Or buy off of some1 on ebay, it's how I got myself a Asus PC-DL Deluxe
Socket 604 Pin Xeon (Dual)
Don't buy Soyo, I've got a soyo board that has no chipset fan, and the thing
locks up way before I even get close to
hitting the max Point of the P4. (Overclocking that is.)
I suggest either Gigabyte http://www.giga-byte.com or http://www.asus.com
or an abit
One more board, I was reading in MaxPc that the MSI P4 Boards are really
nice, but I'm not sure on Overclocking.

hope this helps,, I do.
Denny. :-)

"Moderately Confused" <moderatelyconfused@yahoospleen.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking into getting a new motherboard for my computer, and I'm
thinking
> about getting this one:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/ite...
02194&sku=S450-2133

> It has everything that I'm looking for: 6 pci slots, can handle a large
> amount of ram, has RAID support, can handle large hard disks, HT
technology,
> etc. This is from the Soyo website:
>
> http://www.soyousa.com/products/proddesc.php?id=192
>
> So my question is, has anyone used it? What's your opinion on it? Happy
> with it?
>
> Thanks for your input,
>
> MC

May 23, 2004 4:55:40 AM

I don't have a clue about overclocking it. I bought 4 of them from Tiger. I
got them with celeron 2.7 ghz processors. They have been running several
weeks. Two are office workstations. Two are gamers for teenagers. No
problems so far. I don't know if you can run am 800 bus processor with them.
I would like to find out for when they get cheaper. I have never gotten bad
products from Tiger. However, they are notorious about not honoring their
rebates.
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
May 25, 2004 1:09:53 AM

"Moderately Confused" <moderatelyconfused@yahoospleen.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I'm looking into getting a new motherboard for my computer, and I'm
thinking
> about getting this one:

http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/searchtools/ite...
02194&sku=S450-2133

> It has everything that I'm looking for: 6 pci slots, can handle a large
> amount of ram, has RAID support, can handle large hard disks, HT
technology,
> etc. This is from the Soyo website:
>
> http://www.soyousa.com/products/proddesc.php?id=192
>
> So my question is, has anyone used it? What's your opinion on it? Happy
> with it?
>
> Thanks for your input,
>
> MC

Ok, I finally got it up and running now, with a P4 2.8 ghz 800 mhz fsb
processor. I haven't had time to tweak anything yet, I'm still finishing up
reinstalling everything because of the clean Windows install I did.
My only problem so far was that in order to get the chip to run at 800
mhz, I had to clear the CMOS. Before I did that it wouldn't let the ram run
at 400 mhz, limiting my clock speed to 1.8 ghz. One other little thing that
I found was that Windows System Information reports the clock speed as
"37826 MHz". I can only wish...

MC
May 26, 2004 4:58:34 AM

Keep me posted on how it does at 800. I have four of them but all are
running celerons at the moment. I would like to crank up the speed on one or
two of them later. So far they seem excellent for what I paid, which was
about $80 for the board celeron 2.7 combo.
Anonymous
a b V Motherboard
a b K Overclocking
May 26, 2004 10:44:18 AM

"tom" <tom@noemail.net> wrote in message

> Keep me posted on how it does at 800. I have four of them but all are
> running celerons at the moment. I would like to crank up the speed on one
or
> two of them later. So far they seem excellent for what I paid, which was
> about $80 for the board celeron 2.7 combo.

It runs great at 800MHz FSB. You need PC3200 Ram to do it with this board,
and you need to reset the CMOS to get the board to be able to "see" the Ram
at 400MHz. I still haven't tried to overclock it yet, though.

MC
!