Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Avoid Circuit City

Last response: in Overclocking
Share
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 19, 2004 10:21:03 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

This is unbelievable. IMO, Avoid Circuit City at all costs after what they
just pulled on me.

I went in on Monday to buy an HP Notebook model ZX5160. They were offering
an additional $250 off and with a $100 rebate the price was $1199.

I saw their model ZX5040US for $199 after rebates. That has a dedicated
memory for the video and firewire. But it was out of stock and they didn't
know if any were coming in.

I specifically told the salesman that I'd be back Wednesday after
researching the 2nd computer.

I show up this afternoon and the $250 Circuit City Rebate is gone. I'm told
it ended Sunday night. This almost came to blows as the sales manager first
infers I didn't see it,then tells me the guy we found who helped me wasn't
from the computer section so he can't be expected to know a rebate ends. I
told him that wasn't my problem and that his refusal to honor the price was
a "stupid decision." Then he tells me he isn't stupid and get pissed off. I
as ked him how he was pissed off when I was getting screwed? He insisted he
wasn't screwing me and that he was trying to work with me. I asked him how,
by now tralking me into paying $1349 for the same computer I wanted to walk
out the door with on Monday?

I then had to tell him to listen carefully as I didn't say he was stupid. I
said he was making a stupid managerial decision as I walked in the door
with cash, his salesman [who suddenly wasn't a real salesman] spoke to me
about the two different notebooks, and I said I'be be back to buy one
Wednesday. I had to explain to him that if the sale ended Monday [now
another saleman intervenes and tells me it ended Monday not Sunday] then
the onus is on the salesman to try to sell me one Monday by telling me the
rebate ended.

He goes back into "I can't manufacture a store rebate." to which I told him
he could do whatever he wanted to do and write up an explanation. His
comment then was that at $1199 he was losing money. I asked how he was
losing money if he was selling it at that price all last week!

Avoid Circuit City. They remind me of a place called TOPS in NJ years ago.
They just wanted to sell you a service contract and be out the door with
you.

Mike

More about : avoid circuit city

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 19, 2004 10:21:04 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

"MikeW" <dontspamme@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:ss2dnZD6hdZCdjbdRVn-uQ@giganews.com...
> This is unbelievable. IMO, Avoid Circuit City at all costs after what they
> just pulled on me.
>
> I went in on Monday to buy an HP Notebook model ZX5160. They were offering
> an additional $250 off and with a $100 rebate the price was $1199.
>
> I saw their model ZX5040US for $199 after rebates. That has a dedicated
> memory for the video and firewire. But it was out of stock and they didn't
> know if any were coming in.
>
> I specifically told the salesman that I'd be back Wednesday after
> researching the 2nd computer.
>
> I show up this afternoon and the $250 Circuit City Rebate is gone. I'm
told
> it ended Sunday night. This almost came to blows as the sales manager
first
> infers I didn't see it,then tells me the guy we found who helped me wasn't
> from the computer section so he can't be expected to know a rebate ends. I
> told him that wasn't my problem and that his refusal to honor the price
was
> a "stupid decision." Then he tells me he isn't stupid and get pissed off.
I
> as ked him how he was pissed off when I was getting screwed? He insisted
he
> wasn't screwing me and that he was trying to work with me. I asked him
how,
> by now tralking me into paying $1349 for the same computer I wanted to
walk
> out the door with on Monday?
>
> I then had to tell him to listen carefully as I didn't say he was stupid.
I
> said he was making a stupid managerial decision as I walked in the door
> with cash, his salesman [who suddenly wasn't a real salesman] spoke to me
> about the two different notebooks, and I said I'be be back to buy one
> Wednesday. I had to explain to him that if the sale ended Monday [now
> another saleman intervenes and tells me it ended Monday not Sunday] then
> the onus is on the salesman to try to sell me one Monday by telling me the
> rebate ended.
>
> He goes back into "I can't manufacture a store rebate." to which I told
him
> he could do whatever he wanted to do and write up an explanation. His
> comment then was that at $1199 he was losing money. I asked how he was
> losing money if he was selling it at that price all last week!
>
> Avoid Circuit City. They remind me of a place called TOPS in NJ years ago.
> They just wanted to sell you a service contract and be out the door with
> you.
>
> Mike
>

My eyes are opened wide over this....

my 2 cents
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 20, 2004 5:24:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

MikeW wrote:
> This is unbelievable. IMO, Avoid Circuit City at all costs after what they
> just pulled on me.
>
> I went in on Monday to buy an HP Notebook model ZX5160. They were offering
> an additional $250 off and with a $100 rebate the price was $1199.
>
> I saw their model ZX5040US for $199 after rebates. That has a dedicated
> memory for the video and firewire. But it was out of stock and they didn't
> know if any were coming in.
>
> I specifically told the salesman that I'd be back Wednesday after
> researching the 2nd computer.
>
> I show up this afternoon and the $250 Circuit City Rebate is gone. I'm told
> it ended Sunday night. This almost came to blows as the sales manager first
> infers I didn't see it,then tells me the guy we found who helped me wasn't
> from the computer section so he can't be expected to know a rebate ends. I
> told him that wasn't my problem and that his refusal to honor the price was
> a "stupid decision." Then he tells me he isn't stupid and get pissed off. I
> as ked him how he was pissed off when I was getting screwed? He insisted he
> wasn't screwing me and that he was trying to work with me. I asked him how,
> by now tralking me into paying $1349 for the same computer I wanted to walk
> out the door with on Monday?
>
> I then had to tell him to listen carefully as I didn't say he was stupid. I
> said he was making a stupid managerial decision as I walked in the door
> with cash, his salesman [who suddenly wasn't a real salesman] spoke to me
> about the two different notebooks, and I said I'be be back to buy one
> Wednesday. I had to explain to him that if the sale ended Monday [now
> another saleman intervenes and tells me it ended Monday not Sunday] then
> the onus is on the salesman to try to sell me one Monday by telling me the
> rebate ended.

Well, if I were the store manager I'd be telling the salesman to point out
the end of the rebate period as a sales closing tool.

However, YOU should have asked since you knew it was a rebate, you know
that rebates don't run forever, and you were leaving to come back later.
That's the first dern question I ask when I see a sale, or rebate, and have
questions about whether I want to purchase right then and there: "when does
your <sale/rebate> end?"

Frankly, if it was so all fire important, you should have also asked how
many were in stock because, for all you know, that might have been the last
one (or two or three, or whatever) and be SOLD by the time you came back,
whether the rebate was still on or not. And you should have asked if there
were going to get more in and if you could get a rain check at the rebate
price in case they were out when you came back.

Why are you upset with them for giving it the same amount of attention,
I.E. none, that you did?

The lesson here is that you'll be better off if you to learn to think for
yourself instead of expecting someone else to do it for you.

On the bright side, there'll probably be another sale next week, or the one
after, or the following, just as good, if not better, on another notebook,
just as good, if not better, so take it as a learning experience and move on.


> He goes back into "I can't manufacture a store rebate." to which I told him
> he could do whatever he wanted to do and write up an explanation.

No, he can't. He's a store manager; not the owner of Circuit City. He has
profit/loss responsibility for the store and is charged with making sure
everyone follows the company's rules but he doesn't make them.

> His
> comment then was that at $1199 he was losing money. I asked how he was
> losing money if he was selling it at that price all last week!

Because last week Circuit City was running the rebate deal and it wouldn't
come out of his store's P/L statement, but now it would.

> Avoid Circuit City. They remind me of a place called TOPS in NJ years ago.
> They just wanted to sell you a service contract and be out the door with
> you.
>
> Mike
>
Related resources
Can't find your answer ? Ask !
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 20, 2004 7:47:52 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

> I saw their model ZX5040US for $199 after rebates. That has a dedicated
> memory for the video and firewire. But it was out of stock and they didn't
> know if any were coming in.
>
> I specifically told the salesman that I'd be back Wednesday after
> researching the 2nd computer.
>
> I show up this afternoon and the $250 Circuit City Rebate is gone. I'm
told
> it ended Sunday night. This almost came to blows as the sales manager
first
> infers I didn't see it,then tells me the guy we found who helped me wasn't
> from the computer section so he can't be expected to know a rebate ends. I
> told him that wasn't my problem and that his refusal to honor the price
was
> a "stupid decision." Then he tells me he isn't stupid and get pissed off.
I
> as ked him how he was pissed off when I was getting screwed? He insisted
he
> wasn't screwing me and that he was trying to work with me. I asked him
how,
> by now tralking me into paying $1349 for the same computer I wanted to
walk
> out the door with on Monday?

So... you're an incompetent shopper. If I'm going to wait until after a sale
is over to buy something, I don't expect to get the sale price. You couldn't
be bothered to check when the sale ended so who's fault is it?

Also, if you were researching the other computer you still hadn't even
decided which laptop you wanted yet, so you can't expect them to hold one
for you.
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 20, 2004 7:48:06 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

"MikeW" <dontspamme@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:ss2dnZD6hdZCdjbdRVn-uQ@giganews.com...
> This is unbelievable. IMO, Avoid Circuit City at all costs after what they
> just pulled on me.

....and don't multipost.
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 20, 2004 8:28:48 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

David Maynard <dNOTmayn@ev1.net> wrote in
news:10aojo5advkvd25@corp.supernews.com:

> Why are you upset with them for giving it the same amount of
> attention, I.E. none, that you did?

Because I gave it 4 weeks attention on deciding what to buy and the guy
wrote the two model numbers down and I said I'd be in by Wednesday [2 days]
to pick one. Hmm, that implies that I am asking when the rebate will be as
I am committing to picking one at that price. Now had I know I was dealing
with a mental midget I'd have asked for signed letters of transit. You see,
the guy at BestBuy had just been laid off and had a Masters in EE and was
job hunting. I didn't know that they hire minorities with no brains. The
guy asked if he could help me. Today I find he doesn't work in that
department. I guess I should have been omniscient and known that also.

> The lesson here is that you'll be better off if you to learn to think
> for

Yes, thank you, preach to me. This is about principle, not the money. I
have money. I could but 10 if I wanted to. That is not the point.

MikeW
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 20, 2004 8:31:22 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

"Noozer" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in
news:ITVqc.540724$Ig.501152@pd7tw2no:

> You couldn't
> be bothered to check when the sale ended so who's fault is it?
>

How do you people get through school with limited reasoning abilities. This
is quite comical.

Let's make this simple. I ask the prices of each. He writes them down with
the model numbers as I said I'd like to look at the feedback on both. I
tell him I'll be in on Wednesday to take one at the price of $1199. Try to
fill in the rest of what deductive reasoning says about the data provided.

No wonder we can't win a war anymore.

MikeW
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 20, 2004 10:24:01 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

MikeW wrote:

> David Maynard <dNOTmayn@ev1.net> wrote in
> news:10aojo5advkvd25@corp.supernews.com:
>
>
>>Why are you upset with them for giving it the same amount of
>>attention, I.E. none, that you did?
>
>
> Because I gave it 4 weeks attention on deciding what to buy and the guy
> wrote the two model numbers down and I said I'd be in by Wednesday [2 days]
> to pick one. Hmm, that implies that I am asking when the rebate will be as
> I am committing to picking one at that price. Now had I know I was dealing
> with a mental midget I'd have asked for signed letters of transit. You see,
> the guy at BestBuy had just been laid off and had a Masters in EE and was
> job hunting. I didn't know that they hire minorities with no brains. The
> guy asked if he could help me. Today I find he doesn't work in that
> department. I guess I should have been omniscient and known that also.

Talking cute trash nonsense doesn't alter the fact that there would be no
problem if you had simply asked.


>>The lesson here is that you'll be better off if you to learn to think
>>for
>
>
> Yes, thank you, preach to me. This is about principle, not the money. I
> have money. I could but 10 if I wanted to. That is not the point.

IMO, the 'principle' is that you should have asked instead of depending on
someone else to do your thinking for you.

Just what 'principle' do YOU think is involved?

>
> MikeW
>
>
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 20, 2004 10:31:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

MikeW wrote:

> "Noozer" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in
> news:ITVqc.540724$Ig.501152@pd7tw2no:
>
>
>>You couldn't
>>be bothered to check when the sale ended so who's fault is it?
>>
>
>
> How do you people get through school with limited reasoning abilities. This
> is quite comical.

Yes, it IS rather comical. You claim superior 'reasoning abilities' yet it
is YOU who don't get the 'deal' you went in for; not us.

> Let's make this simple. I ask the prices of each. He writes them down with
> the model numbers as I said I'd like to look at the feedback on both. I
> tell him I'll be in on Wednesday to take one at the price of $1199. Try to
> fill in the rest of what deductive reasoning says about the data provided.
>
> No wonder we can't win a war anymore.

You just don't get it pal. YOU are the one who cares if you get the 'deal'
so YOU are responsible for dealing with it.

> MikeW
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 20, 2004 6:36:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

Why didnĀ“t you pay for it straight away, then come back and pick it up?
Would have been easier. And before you start, no i am not a mental midget
nor do i suffer any handicaps either physical or mental. If the tone you use
here is the same you use in a store then no wonder they treated you the way
they did. You can go a long way in life with a sword and a smile, but why
use the sword when the smile will do.
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 20, 2004 7:40:52 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

> Let's make this simple. I ask the prices of each. He writes them down with
> the model numbers as I said I'd like to look at the feedback on both. I
> tell him I'll be in on Wednesday to take one at the price of $1199. Try to
> fill in the rest of what deductive reasoning says about the data provided.

I very much doubt that you said, "I'll be back Wednesday to take one of
these at $1199."

If it was THAT important, you should have asked for a raincheck on the one
that was out of stock and purchased the one that was in stock.

If you decided to return the one you bought you could have paid the sale
price for the one not on sale.

....of course that's all moot if it is a manufacturer rebate. The store
doesn't control those and have no reason to track the date on the rebate
forms until they are processed.
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 20, 2004 7:57:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

"Noozer" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in
news:8k4rc.545136$Ig.78695@pd7tw2no:

> I very much doubt that you said, "I'll be back Wednesday to take one of
> these at $1199."
>

Right...and there are no weapons of mass destruction even though we sold
them to him AND we have found them. Sheesh!

MikeW
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 20, 2004 7:59:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

David Maynard <dNOTmayn@ev1.net> wrote in
news:10ap5oiockevnc0@corp.supernews.com:

> Yes, it IS rather comical. You claim superior 'reasoning abilities'
> yet it is YOU who don't get the 'deal' you went in for; not us.
>

You have my pity. Take solace that in your ignorance of integrity that you
are pitied.

MikeW
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 20, 2004 8:04:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

MikeW wrote:
> "Noozer" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in
> news:8k4rc.545136$Ig.78695@pd7tw2no:
>
>
>>I very much doubt that you said, "I'll be back Wednesday to take one of
>>these at $1199."
>>
>
>
> Right...and there are no weapons of mass destruction even though we sold
> them to him

Name the ordinance designation, model, and type of WMD we "sold to him."

> AND we have found them. Sheesh!
>
> MikeW
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 20, 2004 8:06:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

David Maynard <dNOTmayn@ev1.net> wrote in
news:10ap5aqd3sumb5a@corp.supernews.com:

> Just what 'principle' do YOU think is involved?
>

It would be called the principle called integrity in that the employee
wrote down the models for me to research and that telling the sales manager
that, he should have honored it. The guiy admitted he did it and I said
"Didn't I tell you I'd be back Wednesday to buy one?" to which the sales
manager responded, "Yes, but he's not from this department." To which I
responded "Well, if he walks up to me, asks if he can help me, and talks
computers with me I'd say in a court of law that he was a salesman in this
department."

It is called good marketing to satisfy a customer. The store was willing to
include their own internal rebate. The world of their gross revenues didn't
drastically change over this aside from what would be termed "goodwill." In
that sense it is multiple things like this that put a place out of
business. If seeing the difference 5 miles down the road of traffic and
stock in the Best Buy is any example, this stock should be shorted.

MikeW
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 20, 2004 8:08:35 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

"live and let live" <vodkadrinkers@t-online.de> wrote in
news:c8i8s0$hlb$00$1@news.t-online.com:

> If the tone you use
> here is the same you use in a store then no wonder they treated you
> the way they did. You can go a long way in life with a sword and a
> smile, but why use the sword when the smile will do.
>
>

I go very far. I did not take the apporach I did till the guy told me I
couldn't have seen it Monday as that rebate was over so it must have been
Sunday. Funny, I went to Costco next door on Monday. Must be me.

MikeW

P.S. There is no reason to not get irrate with someone who starts the
discussion by lying to you and telling me that he can't help me and its
final and asks "You don't expect me to lose money, do you?"
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 20, 2004 8:09:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

"Noozer" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in
news:WTVqc.540725$Ig.436991@pd7tw2no:

> ...and don't multipost.
>

Check out the command from snoozer! Sheesh.

MikeW
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 20, 2004 10:10:25 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

MikeW wrote:

> David Maynard <dNOTmayn@ev1.net> wrote in
> news:10ap5oiockevnc0@corp.supernews.com:
>
>
>>Yes, it IS rather comical. You claim superior 'reasoning abilities'
>>yet it is YOU who don't get the 'deal' you went in for; not us.
>>
>
>
> You have my pity. Take solace that in your ignorance of integrity that you
> are pitied.
>
> MikeW


'Integrity' is a matter of honesty and morality, and first begins with
taking responsibility for one's own self.

Now, it would surely have been nice if the salesman had thought of it but
then you didn't think of it either.

The difference is: he's not responsible for you, you are.
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 20, 2004 10:25:58 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

"MikeW" <dsm@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:QPSdnQHhR84igDDdRVn-gw@giganews.com...
> David Maynard <dNOTmayn@ev1.net> wrote in
> news:10ap5aqd3sumb5a@corp.supernews.com:
>
> > Just what 'principle' do YOU think is involved?
> >
>
> It would be called the principle called integrity in that the employee
> wrote down the models for me to research and that telling the sales
manager
> that, he should have honored it. The guiy admitted he did it and I said
> "Didn't I tell you I'd be back Wednesday to buy one?" to which the sales
> manager responded, "Yes, but he's not from this department." To which I
> responded "Well, if he walks up to me, asks if he can help me, and talks
> computers with me I'd say in a court of law that he was a salesman in this
> department."
>
> It is called good marketing to satisfy a customer. The store was willing
to
> include their own internal rebate. The world of their gross revenues
didn't
> drastically change over this aside from what would be termed "goodwill."
In
> that sense it is multiple things like this that put a place out of
> business. If seeing the difference 5 miles down the road of traffic and
> stock in the Best Buy is any example, this stock should be shorted.
>
> MikeW


Looks to me like Circuit City is better off without your business.

- Chuck
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 20, 2004 11:17:27 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

MikeW wrote:

> David Maynard <dNOTmayn@ev1.net> wrote in
> news:10ap5aqd3sumb5a@corp.supernews.com:
>
>
>>Just what 'principle' do YOU think is involved?
>>
>
>
> It would be called the principle called integrity in that the employee
> wrote down the models for me to research and that telling the sales manager
> that, he should have honored it. The guiy admitted he did it and I said
> "Didn't I tell you I'd be back Wednesday to buy one?" to which the sales
> manager responded, "Yes, but he's not from this department." To which I
> responded "Well, if he walks up to me, asks if he can help me, and talks
> computers with me I'd say in a court of law that he was a salesman in this
> department."

Integrity is a matter of honesty and morality and he did nothing dishonest
or immoral. The prices were good during the rebate period. You came back
after the rebate ended. Tough luck.

And you're wasting that 'superior reasoning ability' you claim to possess
on inventing excuses instead of listening to what people tell you. What the
manager was trying to explain by noting the salesman was not from that
department is he wouldn't KNOW when the rebate period ended. Which only
reinforces the point because most floor people, whether in that department
or not, are unlikely to have, off the top of their head, the terms of each
and every rebate. You can get it from the ad, or the in-store copy of it,
or, IF YOU ASK, someone will look it up for you.

> It is called good marketing to satisfy a customer.

Except, as in your case, when the customer is unreasonable.

E.g. It would greatly 'satisfy' me if everyone would drop their prices 95%
but I hardly expect them to do it for the 'principle' of 'good marketing'.

> The store was willing to
> include their own internal rebate.

No, corporate was, not 'the store'.

> The world of their gross revenues didn't
> drastically change over this aside from what would be termed "goodwill."

Except the store manager doesn't have that choice. Write corporate for an
extension of the rebate and see how far you get.

> In
> that sense it is multiple things like this that put a place out of
> business. If seeing the difference 5 miles down the road of traffic and
> stock in the Best Buy is any example, this stock should be shorted.

I happen to like Best Buy myself, but that is another matter that has
nothing to do with being silly enough to not ask when the rebate ends and
then blame the store clerk for it.


>
> MikeW
May 21, 2004 4:23:00 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

"The difference is: he's not responsible for you, you are."

Something that 95% of people these days don't realise unfortunatly ....
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 21, 2004 10:24:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

Should be easy, its already water cooled!

--
Phil Weldon, pweldonatmindjumpdotcom
For communication,
replace "at" with the 'at sign'
replace "mindjump" with "mindspring."
replace "dot" with "."


"JTS" <5er@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:9YSdnVwuD81wszPdRVn-hg@giganews.com...
> Overclocking your toilet would be much more on-topic. Now you got me
> thinking, it would be sweet to overclock my toilet....
>
> "Strontium" <abuse@your.isp.com> wrote in message
> news:40adeaca$0$8516$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.com...
> > Ummmm this has to do with overclocking what? My toilet?
> >
> > Geezum.

>
May 21, 2004 10:24:54 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

Good point!! But how do I speed up the FSB?

"Phil Weldon" <notdisclosed@example.com> wrote in message
news:VPrrc.3824$Tn6.2264@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> Should be easy, its already water cooled!
>
> --
> Phil Weldon, pweldonatmindjumpdotcom
> For communication,
> replace "at" with the 'at sign'
> replace "mindjump" with "mindspring."
> replace "dot" with "."
>
>
> "JTS" <5er@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:9YSdnVwuD81wszPdRVn-hg@giganews.com...
> > Overclocking your toilet would be much more on-topic. Now you got me
> > thinking, it would be sweet to overclock my toilet....
> >
> > "Strontium" <abuse@your.isp.com> wrote in message
> > news:40adeaca$0$8516$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.com...
> > > Ummmm this has to do with overclocking what? My toilet?
> > >
> > > Geezum.
>
> >
>
>
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 21, 2004 11:01:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

David Maynard wrote:
> MikeW wrote:
>> "Noozer" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in
>> news:8k4rc.545136$Ig.78695@pd7tw2no:
>>
>>
>>> I very much doubt that you said, "I'll be back Wednesday to take
>>> one of these at $1199."
>>>
>>
>>
>> Right...and there are no weapons of mass destruction even though we
>> sold them to him
>
> Name the ordinance designation, model, and type of WMD we "sold to
> him."

Or found, for that matter (drifting totally off-topic here ...)

>> AND we have found them. Sheesh!

--
Michael Brown
www.emboss.co.nz : OOS/RSI software and more :) 
Add michael@ to emboss.co.nz - My inbox is always open
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 21, 2004 11:01:17 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

Michael Brown wrote:

> David Maynard wrote:
>
>>MikeW wrote:
>>
>>>"Noozer" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in
>>>news:8k4rc.545136$Ig.78695@pd7tw2no:
>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>>I very much doubt that you said, "I'll be back Wednesday to take
>>>>one of these at $1199."
>>>>
>>>
>>>
>>>Right...and there are no weapons of mass destruction even though we
>>>sold them to him
>>
>>Name the ordinance designation, model, and type of WMD we "sold to
>>him."
>
>
> Or found, for that matter (drifting totally off-topic here ...)

If you mean WMD that "we sold to him" then of course not; since we didn't
sell him any.

If you mean 'any', of any kind made by anyone, then we recently found 2
artillery shells: one a binary sarin maker and the other mustard gas.

I brought it up as a 'reasoning skills' example, which is a useful tool for
debugging systems <g>.

Besides, it's been rather slow in here, so I hoped no one would mind
terribly, and I'm sick and tired of hearing that stupid myth "we sold
Saddam his WMD."

>>>AND we have found them. Sheesh!
>
>
> --
> Michael Brown
> www.emboss.co.nz : OOS/RSI software and more :) 
> Add michael@ to emboss.co.nz - My inbox is always open
>
>
May 22, 2004 1:01:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

For one who chose to take the time to research the models of the notebooks
you were considering. (over a 2 day period)
Yet not research potential sales from other stores, and rebates from the
manufacturer.
You defend yourself well, though, they are the words of an _____
You fill in the blank

"MikeW" <dontspamme@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:ss2dnZD6hdZCdjbdRVn-uQ@giganews.com...
> This is unbelievable. IMO, Avoid Circuit City at all costs after what they
> just pulled on me.
>
> I went in on Monday to buy an HP Notebook model ZX5160. They were offering
> an additional $250 off and with a $100 rebate the price was $1199.
>
> I saw their model ZX5040US for $199 after rebates. That has a dedicated
> memory for the video and firewire. But it was out of stock and they didn't
> know if any were coming in.
>
> I specifically told the salesman that I'd be back Wednesday after
> researching the 2nd computer.
>
> I show up this afternoon and the $250 Circuit City Rebate is gone. I'm
told
> it ended Sunday night. This almost came to blows as the sales manager
first
> infers I didn't see it,then tells me the guy we found who helped me wasn't
> from the computer section so he can't be expected to know a rebate ends. I
> told him that wasn't my problem and that his refusal to honor the price
was
> a "stupid decision." Then he tells me he isn't stupid and get pissed off.
I
> as ked him how he was pissed off when I was getting screwed? He insisted
he
> wasn't screwing me and that he was trying to work with me. I asked him
how,
> by now tralking me into paying $1349 for the same computer I wanted to
walk
> out the door with on Monday?
>
> I then had to tell him to listen carefully as I didn't say he was stupid.
I
> said he was making a stupid managerial decision as I walked in the door
> with cash, his salesman [who suddenly wasn't a real salesman] spoke to me
> about the two different notebooks, and I said I'be be back to buy one
> Wednesday. I had to explain to him that if the sale ended Monday [now
> another saleman intervenes and tells me it ended Monday not Sunday] then
> the onus is on the salesman to try to sell me one Monday by telling me the
> rebate ended.
>
> He goes back into "I can't manufacture a store rebate." to which I told
him
> he could do whatever he wanted to do and write up an explanation. His
> comment then was that at $1199 he was losing money. I asked how he was
> losing money if he was selling it at that price all last week!
>
> Avoid Circuit City. They remind me of a place called TOPS in NJ years ago.
> They just wanted to sell you a service contract and be out the door with
> you.
>
> Mike
>
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 22, 2004 1:54:21 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

Drink lots of beer.

--
Phil Weldon, pweldonatmindjumpdotcom
For communication,
replace "at" with the 'at sign'
replace "mindjump" with "mindspring."
replace "dot" with "."


"JTS" <5er@comcast.net> wrote in message
news:o 86dnYZTsbRM_DPdRVn_iw@giganews.com...
> Good point!! But how do I speed up the FSB?
>
> "Phil Weldon" <notdisclosed@example.com> wrote in message
> news:VPrrc.3824$Tn6.2264@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> > Should be easy, its already water cooled!
> >
> > --
> > Phil Weldon, pweldonatmindjumpdotcom
> > For communication,
> > replace "at" with the 'at sign'
> > replace "mindjump" with "mindspring."
> > replace "dot" with "."
> >
> >
> > "JTS" <5er@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > news:9YSdnVwuD81wszPdRVn-hg@giganews.com...
> > > Overclocking your toilet would be much more on-topic. Now you got me
> > > thinking, it would be sweet to overclock my toilet....
> > >
> > > "Strontium" <abuse@your.isp.com> wrote in message
> > > news:40adeaca$0$8516$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.com...
> > > > Ummmm this has to do with overclocking what? My toilet?
> > > >
> > > > Geezum.
> >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 22, 2004 3:18:02 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

"MikeW" <dontspamme@nospam.com> wrote in message
news:ss2dnZD6hdZCdjbdRVn-uQ@giganews.com...
> This is unbelievable. IMO, Avoid Circuit City at all costs after what they
> just pulled on me.


Have to agree with most of the folks here. We must ALL be wrong... I
definitely don't see why I'd avoid CC based upon this. Now, if you were
telling me to be a careful shopper or read the specials closely...

I have a similar story. I was hopping out of my car in a parking garage
recently while some stranger was backing his huge SUV into a nearby parking
space. I got my stuff from the car, got the doors locked, and looked up to
see him back right into the concrete wall (the space was along the perimeter
of the garage).

The guy got out PISSED at ME. He said it was my fault he backed into the
wall because I should have seen it coming and quickly warned him. He even
told me it was my fault.

Anyhow, thought it sounded a bit similar to your situation. I guess you can
insult me now like you did with everyone else.

BR
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 22, 2004 4:55:16 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

> This is unbelievable. IMO, Avoid Circuit City at all costs after what they
> just pulled on me.


sales end dude... get over it

--
______
From Adam Webb,
Nick: Overlag
May 23, 2004 1:13:15 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

BRanger wrote:
> The guy got out PISSED at ME. He said it was my fault he backed into
> the wall because I should have seen it coming and quickly warned him.
> He even told me it was my fault.
>
> Anyhow, thought it sounded a bit similar to your situation. I guess
> you can insult me now like you did with everyone else.

Hahahahahahahahha... very, very good ;-)

Thomas
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 23, 2004 3:02:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

Will this do? You should have warned him before he began to back in that
SVU's are large vehicles and that backing into the parking space require
care. That you did not shows that you were not reading his mind and
realizing he had a careless attitude toward shopping... er, parking. Shame
on you and shame on that non-telepathic salesman that started this thread!

--
Phil Weldon, pweldonatmindjumpdotcom
For communication,
replace "at" with the 'at sign'
replace "mindjump" with "mindspring."
replace "dot" with "."

"BRanger" <BRanger@nowhere.net> wrote in message
news:10auv90lqesab71@corp.supernews.com...
> "MikeW" <dontspamme@nospam.com> wrote in message
> news:ss2dnZD6hdZCdjbdRVn-uQ@giganews.com...
> > This is unbelievable. IMO, Avoid Circuit City at all costs after what
they
> > just pulled on me.
>
>
> Have to agree with most of the folks here. We must ALL be wrong... I
> definitely don't see why I'd avoid CC based upon this. Now, if you were
> telling me to be a careful shopper or read the specials closely...
>
> I have a similar story. I was hopping out of my car in a parking garage
> recently while some stranger was backing his huge SUV into a nearby
parking
> space. I got my stuff from the car, got the doors locked, and looked up
to
> see him back right into the concrete wall (the space was along the
perimeter
> of the garage).
>
> The guy got out PISSED at ME. He said it was my fault he backed into the
> wall because I should have seen it coming and quickly warned him. He even
> told me it was my fault.
>
> Anyhow, thought it sounded a bit similar to your situation. I guess you
can
> insult me now like you did with everyone else.
>
> BR
>
>
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 23, 2004 8:04:36 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

to be honest a guy with MikeW's "Problem" and attitude would have been
escorted from where i work by a large man in a suit and told to SHOVE his
money and not to come back...........

--
______
From Adam Webb,
Nick: Overlag


"Phil Weldon" <notdisclosed@example.com> wrote in message
news:VZQrc.6282$be.5606@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> Will this do? You should have warned him before he began to back in that
> SVU's are large vehicles and that backing into the parking space require
> care. That you did not shows that you were not reading his mind and
> realizing he had a careless attitude toward shopping... er, parking.
Shame
> on you and shame on that non-telepathic salesman that started this thread!
>
> --
> Phil Weldon, pweldonatmindjumpdotcom
> For communication,
> replace "at" with the 'at sign'
> replace "mindjump" with "mindspring."
> replace "dot" with "."
>
> "BRanger" <BRanger@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> news:10auv90lqesab71@corp.supernews.com...
> > "MikeW" <dontspamme@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > news:ss2dnZD6hdZCdjbdRVn-uQ@giganews.com...
> > > This is unbelievable. IMO, Avoid Circuit City at all costs after what
> they
> > > just pulled on me.
> >
> >
> > Have to agree with most of the folks here. We must ALL be wrong... I
> > definitely don't see why I'd avoid CC based upon this. Now, if you were
> > telling me to be a careful shopper or read the specials closely...
> >
> > I have a similar story. I was hopping out of my car in a parking garage
> > recently while some stranger was backing his huge SUV into a nearby
> parking
> > space. I got my stuff from the car, got the doors locked, and looked up
> to
> > see him back right into the concrete wall (the space was along the
> perimeter
> > of the garage).
> >
> > The guy got out PISSED at ME. He said it was my fault he backed into
the
> > wall because I should have seen it coming and quickly warned him. He
even
> > told me it was my fault.
> >
> > Anyhow, thought it sounded a bit similar to your situation. I guess you
> can
> > insult me now like you did with everyone else.
> >
> > BR
> >
> >
>
>
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
May 23, 2004 8:04:37 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

???

--
Phil Weldon, pweldonatmindjumpdotcom
For communication,
replace "at" with the 'at sign'
replace "mindjump" with "mindspring."
replace "dot" with "."


"Adam Webb" <adam@ajmysecondname.eclipse.co.uk> wrote in message
news:1085281418.948120@news01.eclipse.net.uk...
> to be honest a guy with MikeW's "Problem" and attitude would have been
> escorted from where i work by a large man in a suit and told to SHOVE his
> money and not to come back...........
>
> --
> ______
> From Adam Webb,
> Nick: Overlag
>
>
> "Phil Weldon" <notdisclosed@example.com> wrote in message
> news:VZQrc.6282$be.5606@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> > Will this do? You should have warned him before he began to back in
that
> > SVU's are large vehicles and that backing into the parking space require
> > care. That you did not shows that you were not reading his mind and
> > realizing he had a careless attitude toward shopping... er, parking.
> Shame
> > on you and shame on that non-telepathic salesman that started this
thread!
> >
> > --
> > Phil Weldon, pweldonatmindjumpdotcom
> > For communication,
> > replace "at" with the 'at sign'
> > replace "mindjump" with "mindspring."
> > replace "dot" with "."
> >
> > "BRanger" <BRanger@nowhere.net> wrote in message
> > news:10auv90lqesab71@corp.supernews.com...
> > > "MikeW" <dontspamme@nospam.com> wrote in message
> > > news:ss2dnZD6hdZCdjbdRVn-uQ@giganews.com...
> > > > This is unbelievable. IMO, Avoid Circuit City at all costs after
what
> > they
> > > > just pulled on me.
> > >
> > >
> > > Have to agree with most of the folks here. We must ALL be wrong... I
> > > definitely don't see why I'd avoid CC based upon this. Now, if you
were
> > > telling me to be a careful shopper or read the specials closely...
> > >
> > > I have a similar story. I was hopping out of my car in a parking
garage
> > > recently while some stranger was backing his huge SUV into a nearby
> > parking
> > > space. I got my stuff from the car, got the doors locked, and looked
up
> > to
> > > see him back right into the concrete wall (the space was along the
> > perimeter
> > > of the garage).
> > >
> > > The guy got out PISSED at ME. He said it was my fault he backed into
> the
> > > wall because I should have seen it coming and quickly warned him. He
> even
> > > told me it was my fault.
> > >
> > > Anyhow, thought it sounded a bit similar to your situation. I guess
you
> > can
> > > insult me now like you did with everyone else.
> > >
> > > BR
> > >
> > >
> >
> >
>
>
May 23, 2004 11:15:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

"Phil Weldon" <notdisclosed@example.com> wrote in message
news:hUurc.4865$be.1483@newsread2.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> Drink lots of beer.
>
> --
> Phil Weldon, pweldonatmindjumpdotcom
> For communication,
> replace "at" with the 'at sign'
> replace "mindjump" with "mindspring."
> replace "dot" with "."
>
>
> "JTS" <5er@comcast.net> wrote in message
> news:o 86dnYZTsbRM_DPdRVn_iw@giganews.com...
> > Good point!! But how do I speed up the FSB?
> >
> > "Phil Weldon" <notdisclosed@example.com> wrote in message
> > news:VPrrc.3824$Tn6.2264@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> > > Should be easy, its already water cooled!
> > >
> > > --
> > > Phil Weldon, pweldonatmindjumpdotcom
> > > For communication,
> > > replace "at" with the 'at sign'
> > > replace "mindjump" with "mindspring."
> > > replace "dot" with "."
> > >
> > >
> > > "JTS" <5er@comcast.net> wrote in message
> > > news:9YSdnVwuD81wszPdRVn-hg@giganews.com...
> > > > Overclocking your toilet would be much more on-topic. Now you got
me
> > > > thinking, it would be sweet to overclock my toilet....
> > > >
> > > > "Strontium" <abuse@your.isp.com> wrote in message
> > > > news:40adeaca$0$8516$9a6e19ea@news.newshosting.com...
> > > > > Ummmm this has to do with overclocking what? My toilet?
> > > > >
> > > > > Geezum.
> > >
Home Depot has a Overclocked Toilet for sale.
It can flush 24 golf balls at once.

Id say that pretty Impressive and rather handy after a night of mexican food
fiesta!!.
Or if your a wife of a golfer who gets really pissed of at her husband :) .
OZoNE





-----= Posted via Newsfeeds.Com, Uncensored Usenet News =-----
http://www.newsfeeds.com - The #1 Newsgroup Service in the World!
-----== Over 100,000 Newsgroups - 19 Different Servers! =-----
June 1, 2004 3:11:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

I have to disagree with you. If the Rebate ended then the store will
not be credited. That means they do loose whatever they knock off the
computer. Margin on Tech items is ALOT smaller than most people
realize. If there was a rebate sign it would also have a "good
through" date on it. You should have gotten it when you were there
the first time. Yes, I am a manager in tech merchandise (not Circuit
City). It would be nice if customers would READ signage and not
expect to be hand fed every little detail. :) 
!