HP Access Time...

G

Howdy everybody... First post, longtime lurker...

Does anybody know the access time (ms) of the HP F70 17" flat panel monitor? To the best of my knowledge HP does not publish this information anywhere. What are they hiding? I want the best access time possible. I've seen the F70 in person at Circuit City and was extremely impressed. Hands down it beats any other flat panel I've ever seen. It looks awesome. But, I didn't see any fast moving images, so I can't comment there. I haven't seen the Compaq TFT7020 in person but everybody in this forum talks very highly of it and it has a great access time of 25ms. But if the HP F70 has the same access time I honestly can't see how much better the Compaq could be.

So has anybody compared the above two models?

Thank you.

Oni

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
I just got my TFT7020 and its sweet!
I can't wait to get a video card that has a DVI interface so I can compare the two connections. I got an education discount on the monitor because of the college I go to, but I did see a Planar monitor that looked just as good as the Compaq except it was 17.4 inchs instead of 17.1, and it had a usb hub built in it. I mentioned it in an earlier topic, and dell sells it for $699, right now I'm almost wishing I got that instead, but for $660 (and free next day air shipping) the TFT7020 is great. I don't know if an extra .3 inchs and a usb hub I'll never use would be worth the extra $40 plus shipping/tax.

flamethrower205

Illustrious
Jun 26, 2001
Ok, teh reason the TFT7020 would be better is that it has a 400:1 contrast, vs. HP's 300:1. Also, it seems that the F70 is from older technology, so teh response time may be 25ms rise or something.

What if your life moved.....2 inches to the left?