Solved

Win7 Wont Assign Drive Letter (Solved)

Tags:
  • Device Manager
  • Games
  • Windows 7
Last response: in Windows 7
February 19, 2011 11:48:59 PM

My windows 7 installation won't assign a drive letter to disc drives and manually trying in the device manager doesn't work either. This is also the same for virtual and external drives, it doesn't assign a letter for either...

I tried the auto fix from Micro$oft but it didn't work: http://support.microsoft.com/gp/cd_dvd_drive_problems

Thanks for any help... I cant run any games on my pc....

please.......

790i ftw
QX9650
GTX285x2
6gbRam
dual ssd and raptors
but doesnt run games :( 

More about : win7 wont assign drive letter solved

February 20, 2011 12:11:16 AM

"UPDATE"
im now receiving this message for my devices

"Windows cannot verify the digital signature for the drivers required for this device. A recent hardware or software change might have installed a file that is signed incorrectly or damaged, or that might be malicious software from an unknown source. (Code 52)"

now commencing deep virus scan
m
l
February 20, 2011 2:21:24 AM

scan found nothing. so proly not a virus
m
l
Related resources
February 20, 2011 2:53:22 AM

Booyaaahhh...... lol. SOLVED.

have to go into regedit and delete the upper and lower values, then restart. cause windows phucks up the driver certs on unstall.
m
l
a b $ Windows 7
February 20, 2011 11:40:42 PM

If you had to delete upper and lower values, then it wasn't Windows that messed it up... rootkits love to mess with those and some authoring software (like Roxio) will do that as well.
m
l
February 21, 2011 2:22:22 PM

^^ur rite. But itunes was the problem. As soon as I rebooted itunes helper popped up with some message about losing cd burning hardware. Althou it was the first time my rom: worked in months.

m
l

Best solution

a b $ Windows 7
February 21, 2011 2:27:14 PM

Yet another "superior" Apple product... lol
March 3, 2011 2:05:21 PM

Best answer selected by gtx285fanboy.
m
l
!