Please help me!!!!

Hello

I have serious problem. I have got an Abit KG7 motherboard with Athlon
1200Mhz FSB 266Mhz and 256 MB DDR PC2700.
I tried to change FSB and Multiplier in BIOS and I set 12 (MULTIPLIER
FACTOR) x 133 (FSB CPU clock), FSB rate 4:4:1 and reboot the system. When
computer strt working again the monitor switched off and I reboot computer
once again bot everything without monitor working. So I turned computer off
and discharged CMOS.And than I wanted to turn computer on but it didn't
start working. I tried to discharged CMOS but there wasn't any result.
Motherboard don't want to start working. I checked power supply and video
card and everything is working. I don't know what sholu I do. I know I
shouldn't set these setings in BIOS. Is there any chance I didn't broke
motherborad or processor or memory ?

Please write to me what should I do ?

Thank you for your help

Janusz Sula
3 answers Last reply
More about please

    Problem wrote:

    > Hello
    >
    > I have serious problem. I have got an Abit KG7 motherboard with Athlon
    > 1200Mhz FSB 266Mhz and 256 MB DDR PC2700.
    > I tried to change FSB and Multiplier in BIOS and I set 12 (MULTIPLIER
    > FACTOR) x 133 (FSB CPU clock), FSB rate 4:4:1 and reboot the system. When
    > computer strt working again the monitor switched off and I reboot computer
    > once again bot everything without monitor working. So I turned computer off
    > and discharged CMOS.And than I wanted to turn computer on but it didn't
    > start working. I tried to discharged CMOS but there wasn't any result.
    > Motherboard don't want to start working. I checked power supply and video
    > card and everything is working. I don't know what sholu I do. I know I
    > shouldn't set these setings in BIOS. Is there any chance I didn't broke
    > motherborad or processor or memory ?
    >
    > Please write to me what should I do ?
    >
    > Thank you for your help
    >
    > Janusz Sula

    Unplug the computer from the wall, let it sit for 2 minutes, and then clear
    CMOS again for two minutes.

    Plug it back in and power on. It should be at defaults this time.
  2. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    On Tue, 25 May 2004 21:36:28 +0200, "Problem" <problem@vp.pl> wrote:

    >Hello
    >
    >I have serious problem. I have got an Abit KG7 motherboard with Athlon
    >1200Mhz FSB 266Mhz and 256 MB DDR PC2700.
    >I tried to change FSB and Multiplier in BIOS and I set 12 (MULTIPLIER
    >FACTOR) x 133 (FSB CPU clock), FSB rate 4:4:1 and reboot the system. When
    >computer strt working again the monitor switched off and I reboot computer
    >once again bot everything without monitor working. So I turned computer off
    >and discharged CMOS.And than I wanted to turn computer on but it didn't
    >start working. I tried to discharged CMOS but there wasn't any result.
    >Motherboard don't want to start working. I checked power supply and video
    >card and everything is working. I don't know what sholu I do. I know I
    >shouldn't set these setings in BIOS. Is there any chance I didn't broke
    >motherborad or processor or memory ?

    >Please write to me what should I do ?

    >Thank you for your help

    >Janusz Sula

    Do it again. Then before you ' cold boot ' hold down - and keep held
    down the ' insert ' key.

    This should set the factory defaults.

    BoroLad
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    U¿ytkownik "Problem" <problem@vp.pl> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
    > Hello
    >
    > I have serious problem. I have got an Abit KG7 motherboard with Athlon
    > 1200Mhz FSB 266Mhz and 256 MB DDR PC2700.
    > I tried to change FSB and Multiplier in BIOS and I set 12 (MULTIPLIER
    > FACTOR) x 133 (FSB CPU clock), FSB rate 4:4:1 and reboot the system. When
    > computer strt working again the monitor switched off and I reboot computer
    > once again bot everything without monitor working. So I turned computer
    off
    > and discharged CMOS.And than I wanted to turn computer on but it didn't
    > start working. I tried to discharged CMOS but there wasn't any result.
    > Motherboard don't want to start working. I checked power supply and video
    > card and everything is working. I don't know what sholu I do. I know I
    > shouldn't set these setings in BIOS. Is there any chance I didn't broke
    > motherborad or processor or memory ?
    >
    > Please write to me what should I do ?
    >
    > Thank you for your help
    >
    > Janusz Sula

    My computer works.I went to servisce and they repair it for 5 USD.

Computer Overclocking