Problem

Distinguished
May 26, 2004

Hello

I have serious problem. I have got an Abit KG7 motherboard with Athlon
1200Mhz FSB 266Mhz and 256 MB DDR PC2700.
I tried to change FSB and Multiplier in BIOS and I set 12 (MULTIPLIER
FACTOR) x 133 (FSB CPU clock), FSB rate 4:4:1 and reboot the system. When
computer strt working again the monitor switched off and I reboot computer
once again bot everything without monitor working. So I turned computer off
and discharged CMOS.And than I wanted to turn computer on but it didn't
start working. I tried to discharged CMOS but there wasn't any result.
Motherboard don't want to start working. I checked power supply and video
card and everything is working. I don't know what sholu I do. I know I
shouldn't set these setings in BIOS. Is there any chance I didn't broke
motherborad or processor or memory ?

Please write to me what should I do ?

Thank you for your help

Janusz Sula

Problem wrote:

> Hello
>
> I have serious problem. I have got an Abit KG7 motherboard with Athlon
> 1200Mhz FSB 266Mhz and 256 MB DDR PC2700.
> I tried to change FSB and Multiplier in BIOS and I set 12 (MULTIPLIER
> FACTOR) x 133 (FSB CPU clock), FSB rate 4:4:1 and reboot the system. When
> computer strt working again the monitor switched off and I reboot computer
> once again bot everything without monitor working. So I turned computer off
> and discharged CMOS.And than I wanted to turn computer on but it didn't
> start working. I tried to discharged CMOS but there wasn't any result.
> Motherboard don't want to start working. I checked power supply and video
> card and everything is working. I don't know what sholu I do. I know I
> shouldn't set these setings in BIOS. Is there any chance I didn't broke
> motherborad or processor or memory ?
>
> Please write to me what should I do ?
>
> Thank you for your help
>
> Janusz Sula

Unplug the computer from the wall, let it sit for 2 minutes, and then clear
CMOS again for two minutes.

Plug it back in and power on. It should be at defaults this time.

On Tue, 25 May 2004 21:36:28 +0200, "Problem" <problem@vp.pl> wrote:

>Hello
>
>I have serious problem. I have got an Abit KG7 motherboard with Athlon
>1200Mhz FSB 266Mhz and 256 MB DDR PC2700.
>I tried to change FSB and Multiplier in BIOS and I set 12 (MULTIPLIER
>FACTOR) x 133 (FSB CPU clock), FSB rate 4:4:1 and reboot the system. When
>computer strt working again the monitor switched off and I reboot computer
>once again bot everything without monitor working. So I turned computer off
>and discharged CMOS.And than I wanted to turn computer on but it didn't
>start working. I tried to discharged CMOS but there wasn't any result.
>Motherboard don't want to start working. I checked power supply and video
>card and everything is working. I don't know what sholu I do. I know I
>shouldn't set these setings in BIOS. Is there any chance I didn't broke
>motherborad or processor or memory ?

>Please write to me what should I do ?

>Thank you for your help

>Janusz Sula

Do it again. Then before you ' cold boot ' hold down - and keep held
down the ' insert ' key.

This should set the factory defaults.

BoroLad

Problem

Distinguished
May 26, 2004

U¿ytkownik "Problem" <problem@vp.pl> napisa³ w wiadomo¶ci
> Hello
>
> I have serious problem. I have got an Abit KG7 motherboard with Athlon
> 1200Mhz FSB 266Mhz and 256 MB DDR PC2700.
> I tried to change FSB and Multiplier in BIOS and I set 12 (MULTIPLIER
> FACTOR) x 133 (FSB CPU clock), FSB rate 4:4:1 and reboot the system. When
> computer strt working again the monitor switched off and I reboot computer
> once again bot everything without monitor working. So I turned computer
off
> and discharged CMOS.And than I wanted to turn computer on but it didn't
> start working. I tried to discharged CMOS but there wasn't any result.
> Motherboard don't want to start working. I checked power supply and video
> card and everything is working. I don't know what sholu I do. I know I
> shouldn't set these setings in BIOS. Is there any chance I didn't broke
> motherborad or processor or memory ?
>
> Please write to me what should I do ?
>
> Thank you for your help
>
> Janusz Sula

My computer works.I went to servisce and they repair it for 5 USD.