Zalman Passive NorthBridge Cooler

Hi All,

I recently bought some Zalman components to make my PC a bit quieter,
including a passive Northbridge cooler. Unfortunately, my Motherboard
(Abit IC7) doesn't have the required mounting holes.
I found that it's possible to stick the cooling element to the NB chip
using thermal epoxy. Is this safe enough ? Do I risk breaking the chip, by
accidentally hitting the cooling element ?

greetings, TIA
Jurgen
8 answers Last reply
More about zalman passive northbridge cooler

    I used thermal tape. Works great for me. However, mine is on the southbridge
    chip. It was working warm without the sink. Now, it's cool. I presume you
    would have the same results on the northbridge. Wait and see for other