Restoring an AMD Athlon CPU

Hello,

I need some help restoring my AMD Athlon to its original state after
being (I think) overclocked/tampered with by its former user.

These are my processor specs:
A1100AMS3B
ASHHA013OUPGW
96774450138
(C)1999

AMD Athlon 0.18um
1100 MHz
Package CPGA
1.75V
95 Celsius
256kb cache 2
System Bus Speed 200Mhz

There are groups of little gold connectors pairs on top of the AMD.
Some have been bridged with a pencil mark, others (I presume) have
been un-bridged by a very shallow cut.

How do I
a) find the original configuration for my CPU?
b) unbridge two connectors connected with a pencil mark?
c) re-connect two connectors?

Thank you in advance for your patience.

O. Minot
4 answers Last reply
More about restoring athlon

    > There are groups of little gold connectors pairs on top of the AMD.
    > Some have been bridged with a pencil mark, others (I presume) have
    > been un-bridged by a very shallow cut.

    im guessing the "pencil trick" as its called is on the L1 bridges? the
    shallow cut is normal....

    > AMD Athlon 0.18um
    > 1100 MHz
    > Package CPGA
    > 1.75V
    > 95 Celsius
    > 256kb cache 2
    > System Bus Speed 200Mhz

    you just need to set the cpu up for 11x100(200) = 1100 and 1.75volts, thats
    if the motherboard isnt autodetecting them correctly. It should still detect
    the default multiplyer of 11, but it will be unlocked by the "pencil trick"

    --
    ______
    From Adam Webb,

    "Florian M." <cryo23@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
    > a) find the original configuration for my CPU?

    Go here:
    http://www.ocinside.de/html/workshop/socketa/socketa_resistors.html

    Select the default VCore for your CPU (1.75V) and the default multiplier
    (11xFSB).

    Make not of the connections that are displayed. This is the "original"
    configuration.

    > b) unbridge two connectors connected with a pencil mark?

    Try an eraser?

    > c) re-connect two connectors?

    Try a pencil? Conductive pen would be best, though.

    I actually once got away with "writing" with a piece of copper wire.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    "Florian M." <cryo23@yahoo.ca> wrote in message
    > Hello,
    >
    > I need some help restoring my AMD Athlon to its original state after
    > being (I think) overclocked/tampered with by its former user.
    >
    > These are my processor specs:
    > A1100AMS3B
    > ASHHA013OUPGW
    > 96774450138
    > (C)1999
    >
    > AMD Athlon 0.18um
    > 1100 MHz
    > Package CPGA
    > 1.75V
    > 95 Celsius
    > 256kb cache 2
    > System Bus Speed 200Mhz
    >
    > There are groups of little gold connectors pairs on top of the AMD.
    > Some have been bridged with a pencil mark, others (I presume) have
    > been un-bridged by a very shallow cut.
    >
    > How do I
    > a) find the original configuration for my CPU?
    > b) unbridge two connectors connected with a pencil mark?
    > c) re-connect two connectors?
    >
    > Thank you in advance for your patience.
    >
    > O. Minot

    The chances of restoring it the origional state without breaking it is
    fairly low.
    Leave it as it is and clock it normally if you dont wish to overclock it.

    hamman
  4. Archived from groups: alt.comp.hardware.overclocking (More info?)

    reposted this, as it didnt show up for some reason (i replyed yesterday)

    > There are groups of little gold connectors pairs on top of the AMD.
    > Some have been bridged with a pencil mark, others (I presume) have
    > been un-bridged by a very shallow cut.

    im guessing the "pencil trick" as its called is on the L1 bridges? the
    shallow cut is normal....

    > AMD Athlon 0.18um
    > 1100 MHz
    > Package CPGA
    > 1.75V
    > 95 Celsius
    > 256kb cache 2
    > System Bus Speed 200Mhz

    you just need to set the cpu up for 11x100(200) = 1100 and 1.75volts, thats
    if the motherboard isnt autodetecting them correctly. It should still detect
    the default multiplyer of 11, but it will be unlocked by the "pencil trick"

    --
    ______
    From Adam Webb,
    Nick: Overlag