ClrMamePro scan results question

Hello,
After many updates, I finally ran the scanner in ClrMamePro v364c for the
first time on my romsets (v.96), following the tutorial at
http://www.mameworld.net/easyemu/ and have a question about the scan
results, I am hoping you smart people may be able to tell me what it means
:0

First off, I ran a "scan" to check (without fixing them), and then a
"fastscan" to fix the "case", "unneeded" and "name" files only.. Here is the
result after that fastscan. My main question is what to do about the 209 (or
210?) 'nodump' ROM's and 256 'baddump' ROM's in my set. I'm guessing I
ultimately need to reload those roms, (unless they are still wip?) and
wonder the most efficient way to do that.. Anyway, thanks in advance for
your ideas!!..Chris:

Missing Sets: 0 of 5632
Wrong SetName Case: 0 [0 fixed]
Wrong Named Sets: 100 [100 fixed]

Missing Roms: 209 (209 are 'nodumps') of 82041
Wrong Named Roms: 102 [102 fixed]
Wrong RomName Case: 0 [0 fixed]
Wrong Sized Roms: 0
Wrong CRC32s: 0
Wrong MD5s: <n/a>
Wrong SHA1s: <n/a>

Missing Samples: <n/a>
Wrong SampleName Case: <n/a>

Missing DiskImages: <n/a>
Wrong DiskImageName Case: <n/a>
Wrong Named DiskImages: <n/a>
Wrong CHD_MD5/SHA1s: <n/a>

Unneeded Files/Folders: 49 [609 fixed]

Number Of Sets: 5632
Number Of BIOS sets: 25
Number Of Parents: 1262
Number Of Clones: 2531
Number Of Others: 1839
Number Of Roms: 82041
Number Of Samples: 2399
Number Of 'nodump' ROMs: 210
Number Of 'baddump' ROMs: 256

"Chris K" <gotstik@gmail.com> wrote in

> Hello,
> After many updates, I finally ran the scanner in ClrMamePro v364c for
> the first time on my romsets (v.96), following the tutorial at
> http://www.mameworld.net/easyemu/ and have a question about the scan
> results, I am hoping you smart people may be able to tell me what it
> means
>:0
>
> First off, I ran a "scan" to check (without fixing them), and then a
> "fastscan" to fix the "case", "unneeded" and "name" files only.. Here is
> the result after that fastscan. My main question is what to do about the
> 209 (or 210?) 'nodump' ROM's and 256 'baddump' ROM's in my set. I'm
> guessing I ultimately need to reload those roms, (unless they are still
> wip?) and wonder the most efficient way to do that.. Anyway, thanks in
> advance for your ideas!!..Chris:

The ones you are missing are WIPs. You have everything you need. If you're
still not sure then save of the 'Miss List' from the scanner screen. It'll
say you're missing 0 of xxxx known sets.

I've kept upto date with my roms for a few versions now. I don't have any of
the CHDs due to drive space, and my scan of 0.97 reads like this;

Missing Sets: 0 of 5661
Wrong SetName Case: 0 [0 fixed]
Wrong Named Sets: 0 [0 fixed]

Missing Roms: 409 (13 are 'nodumps') of 82459
Wrong Named Roms: 0 [0 fixed]
Wrong RomName Case: 0 [0 fixed]
Wrong Sized Roms: 0 [0 fixed]
Wrong Date/Time Roms: 0
Wrong CRC32s: <n/a>
Wrong MD5s: <n/a>
Wrong SHA1s: <n/a>

Missing Samples: 0 of 2418
Wrong SampleName Case: 0 [0 fixed]

Missing DiskImages: <n/a>
Wrong DiskImageName Case: <n/a>
Wrong Named DiskImages: <n/a>
Wrong CHD_MD5/SHA1s: <n/a>

Unneeded Files/Folders: 0 [0 fixed]

Number Of Sets: 5661
Number Of BIOS sets: 25
Number Of Parents: 1271
Number Of Clones: 2551
Number Of Others: 1839
Number Of Roms: 82459
Number Of Samples: 2418
Number Of 'nodump' ROMs: 209
Number Of 'baddump' ROMs: 261

--
Alex Devlin

"Never knowingly understood."

Chris K said the following on 4/06/2005 5:02:
> Hello,
> After many updates, I finally ran the scanner in ClrMamePro v364c for the
> first time on my romsets (v.96), following the tutorial at
> http://www.mameworld.net/easyemu/ and have a question about the scan
> results, I am hoping you smart people may be able to tell me what it means
> :0
>
> First off, I ran a "scan" to check (without fixing them), and then a
> "fastscan" to fix the "case", "unneeded" and "name" files only.. Here is the
> result after that fastscan. My main question is what to do about the 209 (or
> 210?) 'nodump' ROM's and 256 'baddump' ROM's in my set. I'm guessing I
> ultimately need to reload those roms, (unless they are still wip?) and
> wonder the most efficient way to do that.. Anyway, thanks in advance for
> your ideas!!..Chris:

Nodump means that no dump of this rom exists (really :p). They are
listed in the driver for reference until someone get a board to dump
them (it could also be an undumpable mcu). Baddump means quite the same
thing, they are listed in the driver until someone can get a hand on the
board and correctly redump the rom.

Thanks that helps. I wonder will the world ever see a version 1.0...?

"Chris K" <gotstik@gmail.com> wrote in news:lL9pe.906767$w62.728493
@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net:

> Thanks that helps. I wonder will the world ever see a version 1.0...?

That's been discussed in here quite a few times, the answer seems to be
wait and see what numbering system they use :)

Going back to your original post, you can update your roms to have
everything you are missing. I did the following myself last night and I now
have a clean scan with ClrMamepro even though I had a full set before.

Go hear www.pleasuredome.org.uk/mameftpgroup/index.php?full
and read the directions to make your current roms ready before joining the
torrent. Then you can download the torrent for .97 and only download what
you are missing.

You need to zip your roms using torrentzip so you don't waste your time
downloading what you don't need. If you've never done it then it will take
some time. I think it was about 4 hours on mine using a 2.8Ghz with 1GB
ram, but when it's done you don't need to do it over again the next time
you update. Unless you get your roms from another source other than the
torrent.