  • Command Prompt
  • Peripherals
Last response: in Computer Peripherals
August 6, 2004 12:39:17 AM

Is there an option (or command) to set or change the top of form position
on an Epson LQ-570+ printer?

Any help is appreciated....

More about : 570 set top form

August 6, 2004 1:50:36 AM

news082702@mallet.mailshell.com wrote in message news:<Xns953CA9BD5882Bnews082702malletmail@207.115.63.158>...
> Is there an option (or command) to set or change the top of form position
> on an Epson LQ-570+ printer?
>
> Any help is appreciated....

With the dot matrix printers I've used top of form is set to be the
position when you turn it on. The printer keeps track of paper
position from the roller movement. So advance the paper to the correct
position, then turn off for a few seconds, turn back on. If you're
using single sheets, maybe just as easy to loosen the roller and slide
the paper, without moving the roller.
Anonymous
August 6, 2004 10:47:24 AM

On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 20:39:17 GMT, news082702@mallet.mailshell.com
wrote:

>Is there an option (or command) to set or change the top of form position
>on an Epson LQ-570+ printer?
>
>Any help is appreciated....

Download the user manual from the Epson web site. Read the "adjusting
the loading position" section.
August 6, 2004 4:08:41 PM

Ototin <bangsit@balay.ca> wrote in

> On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 20:39:17 GMT, news082702@mallet.mailshell.com
> wrote:
>
>>Is there an option (or command) to set or change the top of form
>>position on an Epson LQ-570+ printer?
>>
>>Any help is appreciated....
>
> Download the user manual from the Epson web site. Read the "adjusting
> the loading position" section.

I own the printed manual, and reading it I can't see any method to change
the top of form. You can adjust it each time, but I want it automated.
Instead of just telling me RTFM, do you know the answer yourself????
Anonymous
August 7, 2004 12:59:14 AM

On Fri, 06 Aug 2004 12:08:41 GMT, news082702@mallet.mailshell.com
wrote:

>Ototin <bangsit@balay.ca> wrote in
>
>> On Thu, 05 Aug 2004 20:39:17 GMT, news082702@mallet.mailshell.com
>> wrote:
>>
>>>Is there an option (or command) to set or change the top of form
>>>position on an Epson LQ-570+ printer?
>>>
>>>Any help is appreciated....
>>
>> Download the user manual from the Epson web site. Read the "adjusting
>> the loading position" section.
>I own the printed manual, and reading it I can't see any method to change
>the top of form. You can adjust it each time, but I want it automated.
>Instead of just telling me RTFM, do you know the answer yourself????

The answer is clearly written on the User Manual. There's no need for
me to repeat it.

What do you mean by top of form? Do you mean the position of the paper
or form stops when it first loads the paper. Once the loading position
is adjusted the printer will "remember" it.
!