Wireless broadband router

I have a wired internet access server with built-in print server connecting
to broadband internet. I need to have wireless connection in order to use
my Centrino notebook pc. Recently, I bought a wireless broadband router
with 4 port switch. Can someone advise me how to connect this new router to
the existing server and set the new router to gateway or router mode.

Thanks,

Ray
1 answer Last reply
More about wireless broadband router

    Hi

    I can Not give you a definitive answer since I am not sure how you are actually
    connected to the Internet and how your Network is configured to do NAT.

    In most cases the Router should connect directly to the Internet Modem and the network
    should be configures peer to peer around it: http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg

    However it might be that in your case the Wireless Router should be configured as a
    Switch with an Access Point and plugged regular port to regular port into a switch past
    your server.

    Wireless Router as an AP: http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html

    Jack (MVP-Networking).

    "Ray" <NoSpam-lizhiqiang1@GMail.com> wrote in message
    > I have a wired internet access server with built-in print server connecting
    > to broadband internet. I need to have wireless connection in order to use
    > my Centrino notebook pc. Recently, I bought a wireless broadband router
    > with 4 port switch. Can someone advise me how to connect this new router to
    > the existing server and set the new router to gateway or router mode.
    >
    > Thanks,
    >
    > Ray

Wireless Routers Broadband Servers Wireless Networking