  • Wireless Networking
Last response: in Wireless Networking
Share
May 10, 2005 11:07:18 PM

I have a wired internet access server with built-in print server connecting
to broadband internet. I need to have wireless connection in order to use
my Centrino notebook pc. Recently, I bought a wireless broadband router
with 4 port switch. Can someone advise me how to connect this new router to
the existing server and set the new router to gateway or router mode.

Thanks,

Ray

More about : wireless broadband router

Anonymous
a b F Wireless
May 10, 2005 11:07:19 PM

Hi

I can Not give you a definitive answer since I am not sure how you are actually
connected to the Internet and how your Network is configured to do NAT.

In most cases the Router should connect directly to the Internet Modem and the network
should be configures peer to peer around it: http://www.ezlan.net/network/router.jpg

However it might be that in your case the Wireless Router should be configured as a
Switch with an Access Point and plugged regular port to regular port into a switch past
your server.

Wireless Router as an AP: http://www.ezlan.net/router_AP.html

Jack (MVP-Networking).

!