Sharing a printer on my home networking system.

vern

Distinguished
Feb 4, 2001

I am trying to use my printer from my laptop. The printer is hooked up to
the desktop. I've gone thru the printer sharing on the main computer but
when I browse for a printer on the laptop it says it can't find it,

Any help, please?

Malke

vern wrote:

> I am trying to use my printer from my laptop. The printer is hooked
> up to
> the desktop. I've gone thru the printer sharing on the main computer
> but when I browse for a printer on the laptop it says it can't find
> it,
>
> Any help, please?

Is the network set up properly? Is the desktop turned on? Is the printer
shared? Here are links to help you set up a home network:

http://www.howtonetworking.com/default.htm

Malke
--
Elephant Boy Computers