HeatlaneZen fanless CPU cooler up to P4 2.8ghz ???

Last response: in Overclocking
a b K Overclocking
June 19, 2004 6:50:13 AM

http://www.tsheatronics.co.jp/zen/english/ncu1000_e.htm...

Has anyone tried one of these?

I assume that they're only useful if you end up added a case fan to pull out
the hot air.

Just wondering how well they really work.
Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
June 19, 2004 7:05:07 AM

You ALWAYS need to get the hot air from the CPU heatsink out of the case.
The heatsink type makes no difference (unless, of course, you use water
cooling and pipe the warmed water outside.) Using the heatsink shown at
the web site doesn't change the amount of heat generated. What it DOES make
is a much hotter CPU, unless, of course, you put a fan on the heatsink. And
THAT gets to the question of why get it.

Notice what the description states:

"NCU-1000 is designed with maximum CPU load as e-mailing, internet browsing,
using word processor, spreadsheet software or equivalent."

And judge the product accordingly.

--
Phil Weldon, pweldonatmindjumpdotcom
For communication,

"Noozer" <postmaster@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
> http://www.tsheatronics.co.jp/zen/english/ncu1000_e.htm...
>
> Has anyone tried one of these?
>
> I assume that they're only useful if you end up added a case fan to pull
out
> the hot air.
>
> Just wondering how well they really work.

Anonymous
a b K Overclocking
June 19, 2004 7:39:42 PM

"Phil Weldon" <notdisclosed@example.com> wrote in message
news:D 3OAc.9778$Wr.1467@newsread1.news.pas.earthlink.net...
> You ALWAYS need to get the hot air from the CPU heatsink out of the case.
> The heatsink type makes no difference (unless, of course, you use water
> cooling and pipe the warmed water outside.) Using the heatsink shown at
> the web site doesn't change the amount of heat generated. What it DOES
make
> is a much hotter CPU, unless, of course, you put a fan on the heatsink.
And
> THAT gets to the question of why get it.
>
> Notice what the description states:
>
> "NCU-1000 is designed with maximum CPU load as e-mailing, internet
browsing,
> using word processor, spreadsheet software or equivalent."
>
> And judge the product accordingly.

I checked out some reviews after posting...

Definately something for a specific niche. Not something the average person
would really be interested in.

Looks like I'll be going with the Zalman CNPS7000A to quiet this PC down...
http://zalman.co.kr/eng/product/view.asp?idx=54&code=00...
...unless someone can suggest something quieter and about as good.

(P4 2.8Ghz clocked to 3.2Ghz)
!