P4 3.0C OC to 3.6 Temps?!?!?!

i have a P4 3.0C with a Abit IC7 and Geil PC4200 memory.

i have my system stable (i think) at 240fsb (3.6Ghz) at a temp of 56'C
after 1 1/2 hours of Seti@home. is this temp OK???

Some people say the Ic7 /max 3 reads 10'C more than what the
processor temp really is. is this true?

P.S i use MotherBoard Monior 5 To check processor temperature

==============

Are you running only one seti@home client or two, to take advantage of the
hyperthreading ?

My IC7-G P4 3.0C @ 3.61 runs at max 45'C in a hot room (25-28'C) in a
heatwave, with a lot of watercooling. (On my Asus P4C800-E Deluxe max temp
was 37'C !!)

Your temps are still within the limits of the chip, but if you believe that
there is a 10'C difference between mobo and MBM5, then it's getting too hot.

I always try to keep my CPU temp as low as I can afford. (Can't quite
stretch to phase change cooling just yet...!!)

Stu.

"George S" <froggyville@hotmail-dot-com.no-spam.invalid> wrote in message
> i have a P4 3.0C with a Abit IC7 and Geil PC4200 memory.
>
> i have my system stable (i think) at 240fsb (3.6Ghz) at a temp of 56'C
> after 1 1/2 hours of Seti@home. is this temp OK???
>
> Some people say the Ic7 /max 3 reads 10'C more than what the
> processor temp really is. is this true?
>
> P.S i use MotherBoard Monior 5 To check processor temperature

troubleshooting newsgroups.